Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stacking Front Load Washer/Dryer

Posted by the_adams (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 14, 06 at 16:34

I have a Kenmore front load washer/dryer set that I am contemplating purchasing the stacking kit for. Has anyone done this?

I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge in reference to the technical terms:

If so, how do you handle the exhaust duct work (the foil looking tubing)? Do you have to put a new hole in the wall or can you just get a longer duct tubing?

Also, what is your experience with stacking your front load washer and dryer? I am a little skeptical because the washer has a super fast spin cycle. The washer and dryer are on my 2nd floor and it causes such vibrations that items in the adjoining bathroom fall off their shelves! I wonder how the dryer would take this abuse?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stacking Front Load Washer/Dryer

adams,

I have a 6 year old Kenmore FL/Stacking. They have never been stacked until downsizing this spring with my move. There is a part you need to order, it runs around $25. My son is really good at this stuff and decided not to even buy the part. Am not sure how he figured this out, but works fine. They have been stacked for 6 mos and wish I'd done this years ago...it is so much easier to do laundry.

Also, the spinning is fast, but it sounds like the washer may need to be balanced by adjusting the feet. Stacking hasn't been a problem with this, but have had it too when separated if not balanced.

o
RE: Stacking Front Load Washer/Dryer

When we renovated a couple years ago, we decided to put in a stacked unit....we got a Maytag Neptune. DH had to open the wall and fur out the studs so he could put a 4" vent pipe in and that rectangular metal unit that collects the excess heating tube and reduces the area taken up by it....in other words, helps your stacker fit snugly against the wall.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is a link that might be useful: dryerbox

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here