Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Pet Projects for DIY

User
11 years ago

Hey, I found this in my DIY network newsletter. I know lots of us have pets and in smaller homes, you have to work to integrate their accommodations in neatly. Take a look below, I think among other things there is 27 plans to look over.

I'm interested in the hidden food/water bowls in a pull out beneath a base cabinet....for small dogs, in my small house.

Here is a link that might be useful: DIY PET PROJECTS

Comments (17)

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

I still haven't figured out where the food/water dishes will 'live'. right now it's in my bathroom.

I'd thought about a bottom drawer but think it'd limit access to water - or I'd trip over it. or both.

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

I LOVE the small dresser bed for the dog. So cute and a smaller dresser would work for kitty.

I am having troubles with the dogs food and water. We have two feeding stations. Master bath and living room. Had the living room bowls in the dinning room until the window seat happened. I have a half table with food and water under it. It is working I just do not feel it is an ideal spot.

I am going to make a special kitty bed for Gretel. I have a big bulky sweater and I am going to sew the bottom shut. Then sleeves together at wrists. Then tack the sleeves to the body of the sweater. Then stuff sleeves and body all through the neck and stitch the neck closed. Makes for a soft bed with a roll(arms) around part of it.

Thanks ML going to explore this site some more tomorrow.

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

LOL-those shelves are expensive- thanks for posting this. I grabbed a nice dresser drawer from the trash and put a blanket in it---HRH(her royal highness) loved it ! Unfortunately it was tossed during the reno during "the big cleanup".
    We are going to make corner shelves up high for her to climb in the sitting room. Right now I open up a dresser bottom drawer and she curls up for her morning siesta after breakfast...

• flgargoyle
    11 years ago

I just got a dog to keep me company while I build my house! Meet Daisy- a Carolina Dog, which is an actual breed. She looks all the world like a miniature Labrador Retriever. 3 years old, fully trained, and she loves just hanging around me all day; no need to tie her or fence her in.

I just had to get that in somewhere- LOL! I like some of the ideas on that site, now that I have a dog to dote upon. When I get some down time (Hah!) I'll slap together a cute little dog house.

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

OH Jay so glad you have a friend to keep you company. She looks like a keeper.

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

oh, she looks beautiful! do you have a straight on pic of her? I remember when I was trying to figure out what my boy was that a Carolina dog popped up. From the side of yours she's a lot different than my boy tho.

Great company while you're working. and wonderful that she doesn't run off. Good bonding time for the 2 of you. Maybe she'll learn to fetch tools or something for you. I always talk to mine a lot. I usually answer for them too.

• flgargoyle
    11 years ago

She's definitely a mix, not pure Carolina Dog. Here's a couple more pics; one where she is waiting intently for the tennis ball, the other I had her sit in a chair to show size. She weighs 32 lbs., but isn't a very big dog, just solid. The vet didn't feel she was overweight, though.

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

She is so cute!!!! Beautiful color. They are so much company.

Our two just had their teeth cleaned so the vet weighed them and I was surprised Tillie weighs 41 pounds and Clancy 46 pounds. They sure seem so much bigger when ruff housing in our living room. LOL

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

She looks like a devoted dog Jay. I bet she is good company. I've never heard of a Carolina dog, but she looks like one I had as a kid.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Awwww, Jay, so good to hear from you, dude!

You mean build a (little cute dog) house...because she is a cute little dog who deserves a cute house too.

Been working on my dang blasted computer all day, trying to figure out what is wrong, just got it to working but not FIXED, there is a big difference. It suddenly did not KNOW ME. Sorry.....REALLY aggravating.

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

Great excuse to post photos. Your dog is beautiful, so sweet looking. Looks like lots of intelligence in those eyes too, so not just a pretty face ! :)

• Nancy in Mich
    11 years ago

Awww, just what you need when you are working out there in your woods all alone! She is a cutie. Your Daisy looks a lot like my Toby when he was young. Toby has longer ears and longer hair, a white chest and tip on his tail, though. Toby has a different snout and a "snow nose," too. That is when the dog's nose turns pink when it is cold outside. His never gets all the way black again during the summer.

I looked up the Carolina Dog. It is an interesting breed, native to the US and not quite a domesticated breed yet. They also call them "American Dingo," but their description is a lot more friendly-sounding than what I remember Dingos are like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carolina Dog

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

YOUZA!! I hope this link will work. This is so amazing. Wouold love this for our front porch for the kitties. I think I am quickly going over the edge. LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitty wall

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

That's really neat Shades. I can see my dd#2 climbing all over that too, or trying. It looks like fun.

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

oh she is so cute! and in the straight on face pic I do see a lot of my boy in her! boy was bigger - he weighed around 73 lbs before he got sick. about 10 then.He wasn't overweight at all - just solid muscle. He'd drag cement blocks around with his cable. I always accused him of rearranging his 'furniture' (the blocks were to barricade holes at the bottom of his pen). He'd move 'em.

no one would come near him w/o me being with him. (ok, 4 people could in the 11 yrs I had him) There are those who wouldn't get out of their car even tho he was on a cable. like the PO man, tire shop people.

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

"They also call them 'American Dingo' "

makes sense. The first breed I found online looking like boy was a dingo! I read they don't have dew claws so I ran right out to check boy. He had 'em.

He had 1 ear that flopped. So cute - 1 up, 1 down

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Chris, that kitty playground is awesome. What a great idea.

Sponsored