Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

Cottage Living our style

FlowerLady6
13 years ago

Here is a glimpse of our living room. You can see my little 6'x8' space through the arch.

{{gwi:2074033}}

Here is a table DH found by the side of the road, almost missed it as it was behind stuff and laying on its side.

{{gwi:2074034}}

Close up pictures of table next two photos.

{{gwi:2074035}}

{{gwi:2074036}}

Another look at living room, Christmas last year.

{{gwi:2074037}}

This is my little creative space, plus a library and where my computer is, size 6' x 8'. It used to be a screened porch, but we enclosed the area when the road went from two lanes to four. With traffic roaring by, it was no longer nice sitting out there.

{{gwi:2074039}}

The above the door piece was found across the street in their trash, and was painted shiny black. DH stripped and oiled it.

The owl and hawk we bought at a flea market probably 25-30 years ago. The are mounted on a real tree limb, which is mounted to a real section of bark.

{{gwi:2074040}}

The purple storage unit between the two white ones, was found, I didn't have a choice in colors curbside shopping. We had a piece of granite in our stash, that we used for a nice work surface.

{{gwi:2074041}}

This is looking to the right.

{{gwi:2074042}}

To the left/east.

{{gwi:2074043}}

Two shelves I recently took books out of to have a place for lace trims, beads, ribbon, etc.

{{gwi:2074044}}

This is my desk, and I can tell you it doesn't look that nice right now. :-)

{{gwi:2074046}}

That's it for now. This was a glimpse of our little Plum Cottage which is just a little over 700 sq. ft. We've lived here 37 years. It is still a work in progress as we are working on our bedroom and bathroom still.

Have a nice holiday tomorrow ~ FlowerLady

For more pictures and commentary, if you are interested, go the link below.

Kitchen

Comments (6)

• enigmaquandry
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

wow, love it! I really like the historical "collected" look. I can totally appreciate your curbside shopping (mentioned in other post), we have only purchased new two end tables in our whole house, all the other furniture is curbside, garage sale, hand me down etc. :) It's the way to go, you get such unique stuff for nothing!

Lovely home, I'm off to read your blog :)

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

Flowerlady Thanks for the tour. Love the found table and honestly think it could be "Tramp Art". Amazing DH found that above the window piece. Fantastic piece. Totally love the cozy feel of your house. And scullery to die for. Still sigh over wanting the non fitted kitchen.

We just got back from town. Best laid plans went eschew.Did drop into one yard sale and had to totally put blinders on so many fun things. Great prices. Only got one treasure for me.

Chris

• User
    13 years ago

Ahhh, some vintage PLUM COTTAGE!

Thank you so much, FlowerLady.....
    I'd love to have a tiny space like your former screened porch. I reminds me of one of those old caravans the gypsies travelled in.

Going to check out the Kitchen link now, get a scullery fix.

• emagineer
    13 years ago

So glad you decided to post your pics. I know how little time you have and thanks for making time.

Isn't it amazing how we can live so wonderfully. Flower has proven you don't have to have much room, nor ongoing remodeling to make things small feel big in our life. Plus so many items never thought of to reclaim.

Hugs Flower....

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning everyone ~ Hope you all have a nice holiday today. It's just getting light out and the temp feels cooler this morning. Time will tell as the day progresses.

Thank you for your kind comments about our little cottage.

Enigmaquandry ~ Hurray, another frugal shopper whether it be curbside shopped, flea markets, thrift stores or hand me downs, nothing wrong with that at all. Do you have a blog or album of pictures of your place?

Chris ~ Yea, we talked about this table before and I think you're right about it being tramp art of some sort, it just has that feel. Although, I suppose it could have been some 'shop project' 50 or so years ago. I love the scullery too, it just makes me feel happy. I'd have to say our whole house is 'non-fitted', but that's fine with us.

ML ~ We are vintage, in more ways than one. :-) This is where we hibernate from the crazy world, and it always feels good to pull into our driveway, to our haven, our home sweet home.

Sandy ~ That did take time yesterday morning, as anything does that you want to share on the 'puter. It is amazing what people throw away, their trash our treasure. Living small these days is a real blessing.

Thanks again Ladies for all of your kind comments.

FlowerLady

• User
    13 years ago

Hi, just want this to be added to this thread. Take a look at this featured album on HOUZZ about Mary Engelbreit.

I've been fond of her wrapping paper and fabrics for a long time before she became associated with Country Living magazine. I do not know where she is these days, but I'm pleased to see that her style is still influencing folks.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Mary Engelbreit cottage style[(https://www.houzz.com/magazine/designing-a-homemary-engelbreit-style-your-cure-for-a-dreary-day-stsetivw-vs~99433?utm_campaign=updates&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gallery1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations