Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For People Who Live in Small Places

Posted by flowerlady6 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 18, 08 at 12:29

Found a new website that I think is going to be great for ideas for us who live in small homes.

FlowerLady

Here is a link that might be useful: Furniture for Small Spaces

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For People Who Live in Small Places

That's a great site- how do you find all these things, Flowerlady? We have mostly antique furniture, and it's very small and light compared to the stuff they build today. The Shakers actually used to hang chairs on the wall when not in use, freeing up space, and making it easier to clean. We keep a stock of cheap plastic chairs on the porch, which get pressed into service inside when we have a large gathering.

o
RE: For People Who Live in Small Places

flgargoyle ~ I just keep searching online and things that look like they will be right for this forum I post here. We have a mixture of some antiques, curbside finds, flea market and yard sale items.

I also check out books at our local library to give me ideas for make our home more liveable. Like you said though, getting rid of stuff would certainly help free up some space. It is hard to let go of 'things', but we are working on it.

FlowerLady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here