Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

A place to organize the pics you find

User
12 years ago

I'm talking not about the ones you TAKE, but the ones you FIND. Like in magazines, or online, or someplace.

I can think that would be useful to someone like Lavender Lass and Marti8 and Steph, and and and MOI.....

The one I looked up was the HOOKED ON HOUSES blogger, who now has a great set of pictures which includes an album of photos about NOOKS. Small spaces in your home that can be so cozy and make room for a function that you cannot devote a whole room to. Like a reading nook beneath the stairs. Or a small alcove with a window seat (no window though) and a chandelier and a real eye popping color. Tooooooo sweet to miss.

Hope some of you look and get back about how you find it. It is supposedly a new site, called PINTEREST.com where you just PIN up pics of what you are INTERESTED in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinterest example site

Comments (21)

• kirkhall
    12 years ago

Pinterest is where I am keeping my remodel/design inspirations. Also, it is easy to share from there with friends.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey, Kirkhall, that is the thing that impressed me too. There are a LOT of folks here (including myself) who might benefit from such a plan. That way, I can remove files from my computer and have them in an organized fashion online.

I have not checked yet, but hope the PINTEREST has the html code so that individual photos/files can be uploaded to GWeb.
    So many folks on GW do not have an email revealed to send stuff directly to them.

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking. :)

• kirkhall
    12 years ago

I think, but am not sure, that the way Pinterest keeps from getting into copyright issues is by always linking to the original source. So, about the HTML, you might have to click it a couple times to get to the original source and copy and paste the relevant code... Or, maybe Pinterest has figured out how to do that in a short-cut way.

I am newer to these forums, so am just learning how to post pictures myself. I finally successfully did it last week from my picasa albums. Phew! So, I cannot say I've tried to do it from Pinterest yet.

But that is one of the HUGE benefits of Pinterest, IMO...that it is easy to find the original source of the picture.

• kirkhall
    12 years ago

Okay, so here is how you post from Pinterest to GW:
    click on your pin, choose embed, copy the code, paste in GW message box.

This particular pin of mine I pinned because I like that the hooks slide from side to side.

{{!gwi}}

Source: via Dayna on Pinterest

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kirk, I think that is great, your idea as well. I was a little put off when I could not get some of my LIKES pinned because they said "too small." And they were not small pictures. I guess I'm just learning too many things at once here, or trying anyway.

Let me see if I can pin one of my likes that I originated on Pinterest.

{{!gwi}}

Source: surlatable.com via Barbara on Pinterest

I see how it goes now. The pan above is exactly like my Calphalon Fritatta pan which makes a great flat omelet, and can go in the oven for the last little bit. Plus the pan can be used as two separate pans. I won't let my DH use it. I love nice kitchen stuff.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yeah, lots of folks can use something like this.
    Look at the use of space under stairs.
    Look at the soffit around the room giving a space for lighting and for the look of a tray ceiling.
    Look at the pocket door.
    Look at the STORAGE!!!!!!

{{!gwi}}

Source: None via Barbara on Pinterest

• young-gardener
    12 years ago

I'm an absolute Pinterest (and Houzz) junkie!

• EATREALFOOD
    12 years ago

great site. Thanks !!!

• caligal
    12 years ago

I love this! I was put on a waiting list to join?

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Caligal, when I joined, I was put on a waiting list too. I really do not know what that is all about, but it will only be for a day or so.

YoungGardener, I love Houzz, but think Pinterest has its uses too. Pinterest's creator emailed me (and probably every member) with a Thank You letter, and it helped make the site a more personal place. You don't have a clue about the people behind a lot of online sites, so this makes it different.

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

I was put on a waiting list too. So far haven't been invited. But it is a holiday weekend I guess.

• mary_ruth
    12 years ago

Posted by young-gardener (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 22, 11 at 16:10

"I'm an absolute Pinterest (and Houzz) junkie!"

ME TOO! I am glad someone posted how you can post your FAVS on here, I will try it now.

{{!gwi}}

Source: [houzz.com[(https://www.houzz.com/magazine/reshape-your-room-with-color-stsetivw-vs~936914) via Mary Ruth on Pinterest

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Caligal and Marti8, have you received the invite yet?

And Mary Ruth, the favorite you posted above, with the TV over the fireplace and the shelves/cabs on either side, that is something I'd love to do with our living room. With all the additional books arriving soon, we have to do something, and that looks great. I had not thought about making the mid-section a different color. Nice.

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

Going to have to look into this. Thanks ML

Great inspiration picture mary_ruth.

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

OH I just had to show this darling cottage from the pinterest.

I can spend way too much time at this place. I requested invite too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yellow Cottage

• caligal
    12 years ago

no invite yet :(

painting mid section above makes the TV blend in. good idea.

shades, luv that yellow cottage.

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

No invite yet. It's been a week.

• caligal
    12 years ago

can someone who is a member send an invite?

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

Waiting on invite too.

• desertsteph
    12 years ago

good gravy! something else I need to learn? lol!

I like that those hooks slide also. I found a sliding 'hanger' type thingie for dust mop, broom etc on Amazon. i can hang it in a small space next to a storage cab in the laundry room and slide it out if what I need from it is wasay at the back. it's only about 24" deep tho!

that nook with the books all around it is really neat too!

so many good ideas - that I can't afford to put in - lol!

ok, someday soon I'll look at that site and see if I can figure it out. I'm just brain dead right now...

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I do not know what is going on with Pinterest. It does not make much sense to me.

Yesterday I wanted to sign on, and there was no "sign in." All that came up was the "request an invite."

I wonder if they've outgrown their servers, because they have become quite big. All of you waiting for an invite, be patient, and if I see any word on what's cooking, I'll bring word.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations