Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
great forum

Posted by blanche1951 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 7, 06 at 23:08

It is about time!!!!!! I have been away from the site for awhile and I was thrilled to see 'smaller homes'. We currently live in a 3000 sq ft home and are thinking of moving to a much smaller space. It is about 1300 with a 400 sq ft basement. I think that would qualify as small, wouldn't it? Since reading some of the posts, it seems more and more like a great idea. I am close to retirement and the thought of less housework sounds great. The house we are considering moving into also has a small yard. Great for gardening though, being right on a small lake. Thanks to all who post to this forum.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: great forum

Wow, after reading the buy and sell forum, I was glad to see this one! We are a family of 4 (2 teenage sons) living in a 1500 sq.ft home, so we may be considered "tiny" to most now days. We built this house 22 years ago at 1232 Sq. Ft. and added a 300 Sq. ft. family room a few years later. I am almost embarrassed to admit it only has 1 bathroom with a toilet in the basement still waiting for a full bath! In 1984 interest rates were in the double digits and we built what we could afford! That being said, I like my house most days and when the kids are gone, we will not have to downsize! I would love another BR for my computer, but other than that I am OK with the house. We have a full basement, but it doesn't look like it will ever be finished. After the last two years of repairs, heat pump, well pump and roof, I am really glad we live in a modest house! Also our RE taxes are so high in SE PA that a bigger house is out of the question.

o

Welcome to both of you! I look forward to reading more info about your corner of the smaller homes world.

Blanche, where is this place with a lake that you are thinking of moving to?

Diana

o

Hi Diana
our house on the lake is in a small town in BC and we just heard from our neighbors that the renters are not taking care of the yard at all. We may have to move there sooner than we hoped

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here