Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris_ont

Living room almost done (pics)

chris_ont
17 years ago

Here's a fun before-and-after.

The battleship-grey (including grey ceiling) took several coats of primer and paint to conquer, but it's finally done!

I love this small house and so I've started a little blog to keep track of renovations - especially as I try to turn an expanse of crabgrass into a garden!

BEFORE:

AFTER (so far):

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: My new smurf house

Comments (14)

• pianolady
    17 years ago

Wow, nice job! Looks so much better. I like your smurf house, it has a lot of potential, I bet you'll fix it up great judging by the livingroom. Got any plans for the back yard?

• southernheart
    17 years ago

Chirs, it looks fabulous! I love the colors you chose, and I think that they enhance your built-in.

Good job!

• southernheart
    17 years ago

Sorry, *Chris* :) I hate mispelling people's names---I need to have coffee before I attempt posting... ;)

• postum
    17 years ago

Nice job chris! The view from the window seems more prominent with the curtains, and the colors you chose really make that pretty floor glow.

A question: did you paint the ceiling same as the walls? Just curious!

• girlgroupgirl
    17 years ago

Oh, man. What a difference!! What where the previous owners thinking with that wall paper and the "matching", lol, border!! Oh, and I feel your battle ship grey pain. Our entire house is(where not renovated) hospital battleship grey (we figured the previous owner must have done a stint in a hospital boiler room and was gifted excess paint!!), or hospital green. You have done wonders and it looks so nice and cosey. Look how lovely that floor looks now with your color scheme too!!
    Good job!

GGG

• mrsmarv
    17 years ago

The before is truly ugly, and the after is really lovely. What a great job you've done! The sectional and wall color really suits the space and shows off your gorgeous floors. What a difference...and I love your 'Smurf House' ;o)

• supercat_gardener
    17 years ago

Great job, Chris! The living room looks comfy and inviting now. I'll be looking forward to more pics of your progress.

• chris_ont
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, all

GGG - I feel your pain with all that painting. Luckily, only one room and the front entranceway needed painting right way.

Postum - I chickened out and stayed quite conservative with the ceiling and did it in plain white.

Pianolady - look for me shortly in the cottage garden forum. Once the weather cools down I will start plans for the garden, starting with the front (seeing how I keep purchasing shade plants to go there...).
    I will need help planning the back yard (full sun) for next spring.
    Meanwhile, I'm pulling crabgrass by hand (hours of work since herbicides are banned in this town) in the hopes of overseeding this fall - and then I'll gradually dig up the new lawn to make room for perennial beds :D

(GGG - your gardens are my inspiration. Please keep postings pics)

• FlowerLady6
    17 years ago

What a transformation! You've done a fantastic job Chris. Your front and back yards have lots of potential also. You've already got the makings of a secret garden in the back, you just need to plant that privet hedge on the other side.

Look forward to seeing pictures once you've got your Smurf House decorated and your gardens begun.

FlowerLady

• jyyanks
    17 years ago

What a change! Beautiful - can't wait to see the rest.

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Love what you have done. Would not have thought of a sectional working, but you made it work great.

Do any of you have "big" TVs in your smaller homes? Am not seeing them.

Sandy

• lorinscott_1
    17 years ago

I've been away and am just seeing this, Chris. What a great job you've done!

• angelcub
    17 years ago

Love the change, as well. Great job! Have fun with your other projects. I feel for you having to deal with that crabgrass. I've heard it's a pita. ; )

Diana

• peacensunshine
    17 years ago

What a great house!

Nice job!

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus