Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All my photobucket pictures disappeared!

Posted by lavender_lass (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 20:02

I don't know why, but all my photobucket pictures have disappeared, from the forums. I can still see them on the photobucket website, but not here. I have not changed my account or anything else...has anyone else had this problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All my photobucket pictures disappeared!

I do not use photo bucket. I wonder if they have a band width usage quota? If you posted lots of pictures on the forums you might have exceeded that??? Just guessing. Sorry

o

If you exceed your bandwidth, there is usually a message to that effect. I can't imagine LL. Why don't you set up a new account using the same preferences as the old, put one picture on it, and post it here to see what happens.

o
Change the blinkin title

LL, are these pictures in a folder in your photobucket?

o
One last thought

If shades is right, and you have exceeded your bandwidth, you can check that on your photobucket account. From your account, click on your name in the top right corner, click on account settings, and then the account status tab.

Photobucket recently upgraded so there is no storage limit and it should say so right under the box where it says how much bandwidth you are using.

o
Any luck LL?

Any luck LL?

o

Oh wow, what a bummer, Lav.
I know if you move a photo once you have posted it to GW, it will disappear. And I use tinypic.com instead of photobucket, and once they just quit doing anything, so I went through and deleted a lot of things, and it started working again. But ideally, I do not want to delete any. It is too frustrating to look at a GW post and see the photo GONE......

So sorry. I know how much effort you've exerted in your posts, as in your projects themselves.

o

Hey everyone, thanks for all the help and suggestions :)

I've checked with photobucket and I've only used 6% of the bandwidth. They did email me a few months ago to say I was at 80% of my usage...and that's when I took off a lot of pictures. Since then, they've increased their storage capability (even on free accounts).

The only other thing I could think of is that I hadn't downloaded the new version of Adobe, which they recommend. I did that this morning, restarted the computer...and still no pictures :(

For now, I'll just post links (which are working) and see if I can get more info from photobucket. Thank you all and I'll let you know when it's fixed.

o

"It is too frustrating to look at a GW post and see the photo GONE...... "

yes it is - but I know I've forgotten that and deleted a lot of pics off of photobucket. I hope they weren't ones I'd posted here tho.

LL - hope it gets fixed for you!

o

Mine did the same thing with another website! what's going on?

o

Steph- Thank you. I finally gave up on photobucket and joined picasa, thanks to Marti's help.

Mustang- I've had trouble with Photobucket before (loading pictures, etc.) but never having photos disappear. Sorry you're having the same problem, on another website.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here