Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

All my photobucket pictures disappeared!

lavender_lass
12 years ago

I don't know why, but all my photobucket pictures have disappeared, from the forums. I can still see them on the photobucket website, but not here. I have not changed my account or anything else...has anyone else had this problem?

Comments (10)

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

I do not use photo bucket. I wonder if they have a band width usage quota? If you posted lots of pictures on the forums you might have exceeded that??? Just guessing. Sorry

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

If you exceed your bandwidth, there is usually a message to that effect. I can't imagine LL. Why don't you set up a new account using the same preferences as the old, put one picture on it, and post it here to see what happens.

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

LL, are these pictures in a folder in your photobucket?

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

If shades is right, and you have exceeded your bandwidth, you can check that on your photobucket account. From your account, click on your name in the top right corner, click on account settings, and then the account status tab.

Photobucket recently upgraded so there is no storage limit and it should say so right under the box where it says how much bandwidth you are using.

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

Any luck LL?

• User
    12 years ago

Oh wow, what a bummer, Lav.
    I know if you move a photo once you have posted it to GW, it will disappear. And I use tinypic.com instead of photobucket, and once they just quit doing anything, so I went through and deleted a lot of things, and it started working again. But ideally, I do not want to delete any. It is too frustrating to look at a GW post and see the photo GONE......

So sorry. I know how much effort you've exerted in your posts, as in your projects themselves.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey everyone, thanks for all the help and suggestions :)

I've checked with photobucket and I've only used 6% of the bandwidth. They did email me a few months ago to say I was at 80% of my usage...and that's when I took off a lot of pictures. Since then, they've increased their storage capability (even on free accounts).

The only other thing I could think of is that I hadn't downloaded the new version of Adobe, which they recommend. I did that this morning, restarted the computer...and still no pictures :(

For now, I'll just post links (which are working) and see if I can get more info from photobucket. Thank you all and I'll let you know when it's fixed.

• desertsteph
    12 years ago

"It is too frustrating to look at a GW post and see the photo GONE...... "

yes it is - but I know I've forgotten that and deleted a lot of pics off of photobucket. I hope they weren't ones I'd posted here tho.

LL - hope it gets fixed for you!

• mustang49
    12 years ago

Mine did the same thing with another website! what's going on?

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Steph- Thank you. I finally gave up on photobucket and joined picasa, thanks to Marti's help.

Mustang- I've had trouble with Photobucket before (loading pictures, etc.) but never having photos disappear. Sorry you're having the same problem, on another website.