Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cross Post from Kitchens

Posted by Autumn.4 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 16:09

Hello. I am just realizing that my waiting to be built 1900-2000 square foot home is considered small so that is what brings me over here. I am cross posting to see what your thoughts are on a kitchen layout. Currently we live in a 1450 sq foot ranch - 4 of us and a 70# doggie. The size isn't terrible if it were only laid out better. So as you can imagine I was thinking going from 1450 to 2000 was a huge jump! We are in the midst of purchasing a 2 acre piece of wooded property (privacy - YES) and will be leaving subdivision living behind hopefully in 2014. Not to knock subdivisions, we have lived in this one the past 14 years and we are just ready for a change.

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Layout Help Long Many Pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cross Post from Kitchens

I, too, am shocked that our new 1550-ish ft house is considered small. I can't imagine cleaning anything any bigger. It feels giant to us!

But I'm glad to see this forum for more modest kitchens, bathrooms, etc. because our budget does not stretch to some of the other ideas!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here