Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esga

shower material question

esga
9 years ago

Hoping for a more suitable answer in this forum than on the bathroom forum, which seems to be frequented by people with gazillions of bathroom in their homes. The home I will soon be occupying with my husband is larger than many of yours, but I hope you might still help me.

We are renovating his garage so I can move in with him. We have to keep my cats separate from his allergies and his dog. This 600 s.f structure will have a large living area and a bathroom. The main house has one bedroom and one bathroom. So the bath in the now-garage, soon-to-be-studio will be my main bathroom.

I am putting in a barrier-free shower, and my question is about the material for the shower pan, I really don't want tile, because of my experience with grout, which is awful, The question is, what material should I look for in a shower pan which will stand up to my monthly need to dye my hair. without getting stained?

The answers I am getting on the bathroom forum are, use tile and epoxy grout (which I have already said I don't want to do), have my hair professionally colored, use another bathroom, install a utility sink for the purpose, or rinse in a stainless steel kitchen sink. I am laughing because this all seems to assume more space or money than I have. So I thought I'd come over here where at least people won't assume there are an infinite number of bathrooms available.

Comments (4)