Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Re-did a small bedroom

Posted by gammy4 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 13, 06 at 3:01

I have a small ranch, around 1000 sq foot with 3 bedrooms. One is very small, about 10' x 9' so I decided to turn it into a play area when the grandkids come to visit. It's not completely finished but I turned it into a 'tree house'.
I made shelves to resemble river rock and painted a huge tree on the wall with a 3D swing to use as a shelf with rounded corners. I am now working on a measuring chart that resembles a tree. The clock on the wall (no pic) is a slab cut from a tree that I made into a clock.

The furniture has been removed since the pics were taken, so this will strictly be their area.

See link below for pics.

If anyone has other ideas for this room, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Tree House pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Re-did a small bedroom

Hi Gammy4 - How cute. This is a great idea. I'm brainstorming....how about a small picnic table for arts and crafts....green shag carpet for grass....hooks on two corner walls for making tent....bird or butterfly shapes made from thin wood which you paint and hang from ceiling.

Your hobbit tree is so wonderfully painted!

Rachel

o

Soo cute you are very talented and insightful the gkids will love it my girlfriend did something similar here is a link to a pic of hers that might spark some ideas for you

Here is a link that might be useful: friends dd's room

o

Love it! What a cool room!

o

Thanks all for the kind words. ranaeluvstexas I love what your girlfriend did to her wall, that is fantastic!!!!!! I have considered continuing on and making a whole scene but not sure I'll be able to.

rachelzuck I loved your ideas and will work on them. That tent idea has got me going. The kids would love that. Thanks so much.

valzone5 Thanks so much. I love that room and sit in there to watch TV at times, it's so cozy. You should have seen it before, not a place I wanted to sit.

Thanks again all!

o

Very neat idea.....turned out very well!

o

What about a hobbit play house??
You could even just use a very large box, painted. That would have kept me so happy as a kid (I used to string boxes together for my trains!!). A cute rounded little hobbit door...they could use the windows for a puppet show if you cut two out close together. Kids love things to hide in. Think of the fun they'd have between the tent and the hobbit box! You could string a tin can "telephone" between them.
I love that you are trying to bring out your grandkids imagination (and yours too!)

GGG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here