Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Website for hardware, lighting and more...

Posted by desertsteph (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 2, 11 at 19:19

found this site today for hardware and more... most is too expensive for me - and I have most of what I'll need at least picked out if not purchased already.

check it out in case you might find a treasure -

Here is a link that might be useful: hardware and more

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Website for hardware, lighting and more...

I've been wanting to suggest resources for you. Am not sure where in AZ you are located. Run a search for "used bulding supplies AZ" and see if there is something nearby.
Once you try these, you may never go back to paying retail

Similir to Restore - 2 locations
http://www.stardustbuilding.org/index.php?p=111&s=111&sp=111&t=1&pg=31

Habit Restore locations throughout AZ

http://www.habitat.org/cd/env/restore_detail.aspx?place=94&tgs=Ny8zLzIwMTEgNjoxNjoyMiBBTQ%3d%3d

o

Oh yes, I've browsed that site before. It's great, but like you said, pricey.

o

Steph, like emagineer says, the Restore has many good products, not always what you need, but interesting nonetheless.

And, I found some great tall wall cabinet doors for $10 each, which might work with some of my kitchen redo. Really nice wood. I also found some adjustable plantation shutters, something I simply cannot resist, and I bought a few of those too. I'm a sucker for shutters.

When I go to that side of town where they moved the Restore, I always drop in. Never know what you might find.

And also, take a look at the Lee Valley Tools catalog for hardware, online. I forget who turned me on to them, but they have just about everything, from pocket door hardware, barn door hardware, murphy bed hardware, Blum drawer hardware, to all sorts of kitchen and bath stuff. I check them out so I can learn how to use different products.

o

emagineer - thx for the stardust site. I knew about restore in MEsa but don't think I knew about stardust. if I did, I forgot! Got 'em on my list now. They're both fairly close to each other. I'm hoping to get to restore next wk and if not too tired I'll stop into Stardust. Else I'll have to schedule it for the following wk. will have to make up a list of sizes of things I might need to take with me!

I loved the metal door knobs on that site - but I can't use them anymore anyway. I've put in all lever knobs. the knob on the door to this place is round and is just killing my hand going in/ out of here. I almost switched it out recently to a lever until I get out of here.

ML - both places listed above are 25-30 miles from me. They're probably within 10 miles or so of each other. It'll be harder for me to get up there during the summer heat, starting in late Oct I can probably go more often. A lot of the things I need (or think I need) can really wait til then. I would like to check if they have any sheet vinyl I can use now tho. That'll be the main thing I'll look for there now. If I would find something I'll need down the road at a great price I'll go ahead and get it (kitchen sink, bathroom sink, pantry doors).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here