Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy a plate rack??

Posted by happymary45 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 08 at 18:31

Hi all. I am looking for a plate rack that holds at least 12 plates. the kind that hangs on the wall. I want something with a lot of utility, not necessarily decorative. In other words, if it's a bit clunky, that's ok. I know Ikea has one that is a drainer (stainless steel) and it's ok, but I'd like to know if anyone knows of any other place that carrys something like it. Online is fine. thanks for any help!
Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy a plate rack??

Mary,
Here is a search link for plate racks. Wasn't quite sure what you were after. When looking for something I usually use an image search. Hope it helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Image Plate Racks

o

Thanks! This is terrific. I'm embarrassed to say I don't know what an image search is...would you mind explaining?

thanks again!

Mary

o

No big deal. This is where we learn stuff.

Go to Google. There are options for searches at the top. One of them is "Image". Click on Image and enter your search words. I use this most of the time unless searching for written info. It saves time figuring out if a standard search is what you are looking for.

Depending upon the search criteria, one new or different word will bring up different sites. Each photo will have the URL link, clicking on the photo will take you there. Do watch for .UK sites, great items but shipping would be a problem.

o

In the movie The Namesake, which was mediocre at best, the parents had this awesome stainless steel plate rack that hung over the counter from the ceiling, kind of as a room divider. I totally loved that and wished I knew where to get that. When i lived in Italy the apartment I rented had a stainless steel one that hung over the sink that did double duty storing and drying.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here