Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Tiny House Nation" program

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 18:07

Anyone watching? What's your take on it? I think there have been two or three episodes so far. I was all excited about when I saw the previews for the series but not thrilled with how they scripted the show.

In other words, I'd much rather see a half hour of actual tiny house build then an hour of the owners' back stories and screen time. Yes, I suppose the producers want to show what kind of people want and live in tiny houses but it's tedious.And I mute most of the dialogue, as the host repeats himself endlessly. Must say I really don't care for him. Do you think these are real owner/buyers? Sometimes it seems staged.

So far I liked the second tiny house along the creek, but was worried about what happens when that creek floods?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Tiny House Nation" program

What station is this show on? Also, what area are you in?

o

I forget what station it airs on. I Googled and found the web site but there were several different channels listed. I'm in Ohio. It's on Wednesday nights. Actually the last episode about the 220 sq.ft. house was not bad.

o

I watched an episode and it was neat to see how they fit function into such a tight space. It was also interesting to see how hard it is to get the people to be realistic about how much of their stuff they can keep in the place. I wonder, do these people keep a separate storage unit someplace else for the rest of their stuff?

o

I really liked the 'idea' of the first house, the 'Dream castle'. The side entrance with a huge glass wall was great. BUT, they totally dropped the ball with the kids room and bathroom.

o

Did you watch the latest episode? might have been Thurs.night. The couple had two very young children. I kept thinking to myself, do they realize those kids will grow up? I don't think they will be able or want to sleep in that loft or use the catwalk between their and the parents bedrooms. And talk about privacy? hmmmm. And the "tub"? Perhaps the family doesn't plan on living in this tiny house too long.
The rest of the house was beautiful tho.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here