Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Countertops due Thursday

Posted by EATREALFOOD (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 17:34

all I can say is "countertops due thursday"

HOORAY !!!!!

(they were due last wed. but the forklift broke.
now, where is the plumber...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Countertops due Thursday

Ah yes, the hurry up and wait game. Can't wait to see pictures!

o

Can' wait for pictures. I bet you can;t wait too. It has been a long haul for you. I am sure it will be gorgeous.

o

Are they in yet?

o

They are in ! I know, I know I need to post photos. I thought there was a concern because the thickness varies in the slab but I was reassured that is normal. It's two separate pieces so it's fine. If it were adjacent pieces with a seam that would need fixing.
The area that is thicker (varies from 1 1/4-1 5/8") is at the sink side. I was told by the dealer this is preferable because the piece in front of the sink will be stronger, plus the sink looks good with a heftier looking counter around it. After thinking it over he's right.
The important thing is that the person I bought them from offered to pull out the thicker piece and "re-mill" if I was not happy. That's good customer service.
The fire dept. was here 2x this week because of a problem with the boiler room and the heat was on all day on Thursday during the install so my nerves were shot at that point. When we really looked at the edges that's when we got concerned...
It really is a beautiful stone. The quarry closed down part of their operations so it's difficult to get this harder variety of soapstone now. My DH really likes it which surprised me since he told me originally he hated black counters.(see how I listened to him) I guess the comfortable feel it gives the room attracts him to it. Also he's used to flagstone floors from back home and soapstone evokes a similar feeling.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here