Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making small house look bigger inside

Posted by shades_of_idaho (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 16:51

My french doors have arrived for the studio and guest rooms. Friend ,Ray, said he is not sure he can make them work. Sure hoping so. They are thicker than the doors we already have and he said he will have to alter the stops????

I am hoping the glass in the doors will help to make the hallway brighter and since we will be able to see beyond the doors from the inside it might make the rooms feel larger too.

I will have to take a picture of the hallway with doors as it is now, closed, then see how much difference the glass doors make. They sure are heavy!!!

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making small house look bigger inside

I hope he can make it work too. That would be a real letdown after wanting something for a long time.

o

Well if they do not work he will still leave them here and they will become art for the front porch!!! He said if they did not work they would go to the dump. NOT on your life!!!! LOL

o

I'm not there to see it, but I can't imagine that they can't be made to work. The 'stops' are simply strips of molding that can be removed and relocated.

o

Did you have to special order it? I found it wasn't easy finding a sliding glass door for my LR area. It's only a little over 75" high. most are higher than that. I guess they could have enlarged the opening but I think dbf figured that'd cost as much or more than the one he had them order.

be sure to take those pics - it'll be interesting to see the difference. I think it'll be great!

o

The doors are used doors our friend brought up. He and my husband have to work on another project today. Will see when he can get time to try to put them in.

I will get the pictures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here