Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Africanized scorpions!

Posted by desertsteph (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 22, 10 at 16:11

the other night dbf told me that when he demolished the 'deck' (piece of rotting wood) behind my trailer he disturbed a nest of scorpions and there were 10's of thousands of them back there.

I told him he'd better come and get them asap. I had an empty coffee can he can put them in and take to his house. He said that wouldn't be enough room for them so I offered to get him more containers. I told him I'd never seen a scorpie in here and didn't want to start now...

He blew it when he told me they were Africanized scorpies, but i didn't let on right away.

what a joker!

when he gets the mfg home here I plan to tell him I can't live in that thing.

it doesn't have a coat closet by the front door. Who in AZ can live w/o a coat closet there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Africanized scorpions!

EEEEKKKKKKKK Steph.That is creepy.

We have had two of these in this house and I have never seen them this large around this country. Does not look that big in the picture but it was well over 4 inches long and 1/4 inch wide. AND FAST!!! I grabbed a shoe and threw it ad him and then took the picture.

Chris

Here is a link that might be useful: EEEEEKKKKKKKK

o

Eeeeek to both of you! I've never been stung by a scorpion but heard it really hurts. Have been stung by a centipede and it wasn't that bad. But it was a small one.

o

there were no scorpies! he was just razzing me.

shades - I don't wanna look at a scorpie - dead or alive!

dbf has scorpies at his house and so does my sister. I've never seen a scorpie at either house. only been to dbf's a few times tho. building or digging up the dirt disturbs their nests. he didn't do any digging out here - he 'imported' more dirt to put on top of my dirt...

o

Hey, desertsteph, tell him you're pregnant. See if he thinks THAT'S funny!

o

Mama-goose. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA made me laugh. OUT LOUD DH looking over at me. Giggle

o

"tell him you're pregnant"

T
H
U
D
!

o

Well, being pregnant is not totally out of the question at an advanced age.

Just think about Sara and Abraham.

:)

o

they were older than I am. I'm at the 'in between age' - the non pregnant time span of life.

but if an angel comes to talk to me, I'll let you all know. Unless I die of a heart attack from what he/she tells me...

after I sue the doctor who 'fixed' me yrs ago. That'll take awhile since he is dead.

o

----after I sue the doctor who 'fixed' me yrs ago. That'll take awhile since he is dead. ----

Forget suing him. Sell your story to the Enquirer instead!

o

WHO knew Scorpions would lead to this??? So is the moral of the story . Do not get bit by a scorpion or?? Laughing so hard I am about to bust a gut.

Chris

o

"Forget suing him. Sell your story to the Enquirer instead! "

dang. you're right! what WAS I thinking? what might the headline be? "Scorpions held responsible for old lady giving birth"?

lol!

this body would DIE before giving birth again...

o

Awwww, c'mon, steph, couldn't you handle twins?

o

no way! any kids we have he has to carry and birth!

I served my time yrs ago...

o

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here