Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kids bedroom

Posted by lil_italy4 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 15:46

Please help! I have a 9 yr old daughter and a 2 yr old son who will soon be sharing a 10ftx12ft bedroom. I havnt the first clue as to how to maximize space for sleeping/storage/playing. It does include a sliding door closet but i dont even know how to utilize that space either.I need to be able to have room for all their toys and clothes as well as a place to sleep and i want them to be able to play in the room as well. Any suggestions for furniture,color schemes and organizing ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am in essence an organizing/decorating virgin.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kids bedroom

Bunk beds would save on space. Or, the beds can go in an L-shape against the walls. Organize the closet with Elfa shelves etc. (We bought ours from The Container Store)
Under the bed storage for the toys.
Some people like to remove the doors of the closet and put up a curtain. (I am not a fan of this look, but I see how it can be useful in a tight space)
With a boy and girl, I would go green, yellow, blue and red, depending on what you and they like.
Can you post pictures?

o
RE: kids bedroom

a bookcase for each for their toys and books would help.

be sure it/they are wired from behind to a stud in the wall so they can't be tipped over on the little one. I do that and don't even have little ones here anymore.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here