Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One of my favorites

Posted by schoolhouse (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 31, 11 at 15:36

Does anyone know which blog these photos are from? I saved the pics some time ago and even visited the lady's site but didn't bookmark. At least I think it's a blog.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One of my favorites

This is the Cottage of Sandy Foster. My Shabby Streamside Cottage.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Sandy+Foster&hl=en&rlz=1C1AVSX_enUS417US417&prmd=ivnso&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=0rw1TpKlHMe3tgek0KXzDA&ved=0CFYQsAQ&biw=948&bih=446

Another link . Just Google her name if you can not copy paste this to your browser.

I emailed her a long time ago and she said this article on her little cottage almost overwhelmed her. She was really sweet. Looks like she is writing a Book.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sandy Foster

o
Much better link for you.

This link showes more pictures of the inside of her cottage. It really is an inspiration. Thanks for revisiting this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sandy Foster

o

It's at Houzz.........

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/163262/list

o
RE:: One of my favorites

Here's her blog.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Sandra Foster

o

That's it! Thanks,all.

Love the house, not so much all the white, I could never keep it clean; and I wonder about dust and mildew if one didn't occupy it for lengths of time. But - gorgeous all the same.

o

What I want to know is who comes and clears out the spider webs??? They sprout overnight in my garden shed and in the garage and on the patio. I notice in all the pretty magazine pics you never ever see a web. I think I need to hire a spider cleaner to come over every morning and beautify my spaces :)

o
inspiration

When I first saw this article months ago, it inspired me to add a small loft to the glasshouse I was building. Here here is before and after decorating. I went shopping in my house and garage and garden for items to put up there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

May still require some tweaking as I unpack from the move.

o

Unpack from the move?
Where are you going, Raf?

Please don't tell me I brought the blue bottles north to no avail? Email me when you think you might want to come for them. Look forward to meeting you, BTW.

And, if anyone needs reminding about the potential for SHEDS, I remind you of the book by Deborah Prinzing, about sheds. It is available thru Amazon, of course. Lots of ideas that can be adapted.

My Teahouse is the "shed" I love and fantasize about now. I will take my time furnishing it too. Maybe over the winter will be a good time, since all my tropical plants will be in it for safe keeping.

o

No ml, not going anywhere. Just haven't unpacked all the boxes from last year's move! I'm down in Nashville for the weekend, but will by back up north Sun through Wed next week. Then I have to go to western MA for a tennis tournament. Where are you located and we can plan to meet. Can't wait for those blue bottles. I thought I had a lot, but then I got a bottle tree and it's half empty!!!! Look forward to seeing you too and I will send that email.

o

That's really pretty rafor. I've wondered about the spider webs too, especially when there is so much stuff in hard to reach places.

I remember reading a blog one time and a room of the lady's house was going to be featured in a magazine. She said the crew came out and cleaned and staged the day before the shoot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here