Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
georich5

Baby Barn has arrived.

georich5
17 years ago

Our long awaited barn has finally arrived.

I'm so tempted to decorate it as a cute little cottage but DH has first dibs. Carts and dirty plows and mowers etc. Still curtains may magically appear some night.

I've posted the pic link in Cottage Gardens "gallery" if anyone would like a peek. I think it would make a cute "Bed and Get Your Own Breakfast".

georgeanne

Comments (12)

• angelcub
    17 years ago

LOL! Sign me up! And can you throw in some Tribe tickets, preferably when my Angels are in town beating up on your boys - AGAIN. : )

I posted on the cottage but just wanted to say once more how great it looks and I am a sagey green with envy. I'd have my garden stuff in there, asap. Stake a claim to at least a corner for a potting bench. Tell him he can use it, too. ; )

Diana

• hibiscus53
    17 years ago

Took a look at your pics and loved it. What a cool barn.

• emagineer
    17 years ago

Georgeanne..your great barn got me to play and search for pics of old garden structures. I'm still in inside chaos trying to finish things and trying to maintain focus, but love my garden/outdoors so it is difficult not to go there.

My shed is still in the process of being finished, it has log sheathes for the outside, these are the strips with bark from cutting logs into lumber. In hindsight (as much as I love the look) I just reroofed my home and now have a monster pile of wood shingles which could have been used for siding the shed. Next idea is to use these for siding a half shed (self standing porch) where I can sit in the shade among the trees and kick back.

I like rustic and have a long way to go getting the backyard in shape. Have always wanted to build an arbor with branches, fell upon a website out of Canada named HomeEnvy.

This may be in the wrong thread or forum. But it has a lot of interesting diy and many fit well in working within our small house environment. The URL is instructions for building an arbor.

Here is a link that might be useful: HomeEnvy

• georich5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for looking at our new arrival...it smells good too.

Out of the blue DH said "where do you want your potting bench." Hmmmm, I said, what a good idea. Then he suggested one on wheels so I could wheel it out onto the porch.
    BE STILL MY HEART!

Diana---shirtless wonders are on the way...and what can I say about my Tribe??? Grady can't do it all.

Sandy---I'm lovin' that HomeEnvy site. Found the perfect bench for the porch there and the rustic arbor is cool. Someone from Cottage Gardens has a great one.

georgeanne

• arbisi
    17 years ago

sorry but I can't find your barn--please post a link here.

• georich5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I should have posted the link....ooops.

Here it is. Who'da thought barns could be so much fun!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: 2006--Barn

• angelcub
    17 years ago

Mark says no curtains or window boxes. It's a playhouse for BOYS! No GIRLS allowed!

Silly boys, don't they know what's theirs is ours and what's ours is ours? ; )

Diana

• georich5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

AMEN!!!

• downeastwaves
    17 years ago

Cute as a button!

• lorinscott_1
    17 years ago

What a saweet little barn....I love it! It'll look darling with some cute window treatments....lol.

Diana (Angelcub)....pardon my being so nosey, but where are you located? I looked at your garden pictures last night....what a beautiful job you've done....and you mention being on the north slopes of the San Gabriels. My husband's family business is in Altadena, and we used to live there, too.....are you nearby, or are you over Angeles Crest?

• angelcub
    17 years ago

Hi Lori, No, I am not near Altadena but I'm familiar with the area since I grew up in the San Gabriel Valley (Baldwin Park/West Covina). Hubby is from Whittier and we lived in Glendora for quite a few years. I had both my sons at Methodist Hospital in Arcadia. Small world, eh? : )

We are just a bit north of the mountain community of Wrightwood. We are south of hwy 138 which runs east/west - east to the San Bernardino Mtns. and Arrowhead, and west to Palmdale / Lancaster. We say we are in the foothills, but at 5000 + feet, they are really mountains. We have a clear view of the Antelope Valley to the west and the Victor Valley to the east. It's beautiful and so peaceful. Mixed type housing with most everyone on 2 1/2 to 5 acres, quite rare for So.Ca. Dirt roads except the main ones, so not everyone's cup of tea. We love it!

Thanks for the kind words about my gardens. I could live out there and sometimes fall asleep on the porch swing. My DH has to call me in like a little kid. lol

So, Georgeanne - curtains? Nay or yay?

Diana

• lorinscott_1
    17 years ago

Diana, thanks for answering ('cause you didn't hafta...lol). We're quite familiar with Hwy. 138, as we have a cabin up in Arrowbear. How beautiful it is up by Wrightwood....I used to go to a Girl Scout camp near there....Singing Pines, I believe.

Sorry for the hijack, Georgeanne.