Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

Small is the new Big

FlowerLady6
13 years ago

I just came across this set of pictures and what this couple has done with their 382 sq. ft. place is really cute.

Imagination, love, elbow grease and some labor created a lovely little haven for this family.

FlowerLady

If this has already been posted I apologize for posting it again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Small is the new Big

Comments (9)

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

I've seen it before but don't know if it was here or not. I remember wishing that lady had a blog to see how they liked living there, and how they stored things.

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

She does have a blog! They have also moved again, and it's a small house. I looked at her flicker account and backtracked to this set of pictures and she also links her blog and another link. new house

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

OH My I got lost in her blog and pictures. What a joy. Thanks for the links.

Chris

• emagineer
    13 years ago

I haven't seen this before. What a cute house, it sure feels like there is a lot of room.

I'm short, tall cabinets require a little stool. Did you see the metal star hanging from the top cupboard knob? Neat idea for opening up the door. Or maybe that isn't what it is for, but great idea for me.

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

No, I didn't see the metal star. Which house was it in and which room?

• emagineer
    13 years ago

Link with star on cupboard pull. I think she likes stars. Could use anything loved to do the same.

Here is a link that might be useful: star on cupboard

• User
    13 years ago

I have some of the same stars she has. The ones with the center holes in them, I have ONE of those. In the "old days" they used the stars as outside terminations on long steel rods to hold the upper floors of brick buildings together. I first became aware of that purpose for the stars when we visited the Ursuline Convent in New Orleans. After a while, the buildings began to lean, and that was a way to hold them together.

I also have a couple of Moravian star lights, and a Mexican tin star light with colored marbles imbedded in them. I like my stars too. But Delight has it down to an ART.
    Did you notice the peeled pole which had a piece of a limb left to make a coat hook? Sigh.....so very practical and homey her place is.

Wonder if she'd like to stop by and join us here?

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

I emailed her with a question and she answered she is on the road again living in a large motor home. Here is their blog on that. Seeing the birth of her youngest daughter was amazing. Not like anything crude. Just still pictures. Was such a neat slide show.

Chris

Here is a link that might be useful: Delight on the Road Again

• User
    13 years ago

Boy, life moves on quickly for them.

I like driving and visiting for brief periods of time. But, in general, I want a place I can garden and have a limited exposure to people. I'm friendly enough, but I am very sensitive to vibes or auras, and have to conserve my strength when strangers come around me. No joke, it takes a lot out of me. It can be very distressing to encounter negative people.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus