Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wow! Smaller Homes....

Posted by willie_nunez (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 9, 06 at 13:29

Thank you, thank you.
I just found out about this new forum. We're in the final stages of our owner/builder project. We designed it ourselves, with emphasis on a shot at the perfect retirement house, for our lifestyle and for our tastes. It's got 1,720 sq ft of heated/cooled, BUT with a large rear-attached garage, all one floor, and with a parking pad in the backyard for our big motorhome (with full hook-ups).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wow! Smaller Homes....

Hi willie_nunez; it is nice to see you here!

This is a very nice forum, and a great group of people. It will be nice to talk with you more, and I hope you'll share photos of your home when you are ready!

Andrea

o

Sure, I'll post a few photos as soon as we move in and start cleaning up a bit. There's still a lot of unfinished items, but we plan to start moving in this week. We'll park the motorhome there and sleep in it while we do the rest of the work.

o

Congratulations on finishing it Willie, I remember you from lurking over at Building a Home. You showed us pictures of your gate down by the road right?

o

Nancy,

A gate down by the road? That wasn't me.
We could've bought land out in the country (Texas Hill Country). But, we decided we wanted all the conveniences of town, and just use the motorhome for going to the lake(s),....best of both worlds.
However, we needed a relatively large lot, even though we were going to build a small house. A backyard large enough for a proper parking pad for our motorhome, a large rear-attached garage(for the bassboat and shop area), and a space for a vegetable garden, made it hard to find a suitable city lot. Oh yeah, we did not want into a HOA neighborhood.
And, we're not quite finished yet, but we'll move in anyway, and finish the rest while living there.

o

Hi Willie!

I remember a lot of your posts, and also that you originally had hoped to move in by Christmas. Glad you'll be able to move in soon, and I look forward to seeing the finished home!

We FINALLY are going to start our new home in August, and have learned a lot from your posts on the Building a Home forum and BAHRR.

Anne

o

Hi Willie I am thinking of someone else in the southwest then. I know your house was to be modest, but comfortable. You did all the work your could yourself, or at least GC'd it yourself right? I can't wait to see pictures.

o

Hi Willie I'm RaNae brand new to Small Homes but have been on Home Decorating for about 4 months.
I look forward to seeing your new place it sounds great.
RaNae

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here