Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wild paint in teen's small room

Posted by pianolady (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 18, 06 at 10:30

Teenagers always have interesting taste in paint colors, my dd is very artistic, so her paint in her tiny room is the same. These photos were taken right after painting, before she got her artwork back on the wall.

Her closet became a "theatre" of sorts, housing more books than clothes. The area above the closet rod is her library. We removed the curtains from her window and used them for the closet (velveteen curtains).
Closet

We color blocked her wall to match her bedding, and the shape of the bed.
Bunk Bed

Crammed something into every nook and cranny, she wanted a computer desk more than she wanted a dresser. So, now she stores all her clothes in ultra-suede cubes, no dresser!
Computer Desk
Cube Storage

And finally, she has her own tiny bathroom, every teenage girl's dream. The other purple curtain is the entrance to the bathroom.
Bathroom Wall
Bathroom

Her bedroom re-do was a grand success, especially considering the "before" state. All her garage sale specials from her early childhood found its way to charity.
Before Pic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wild paint in teen's small room

How creative she is! I love her color choices, and her dramatic draperies. I think that she is quite talented, and that you all did a great job organizing everything.

And, kudos to you, Mom, for allowing her to express herself in her room. Good job! :)

o

I love what you've done with your DD's bedroom and she must be thrilled to have that and her own bathroom. She's and you did a great job.

FlowerLady

o

Wow what a fabulous transformation. Love the colors chosen. You ladies are very creative.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here