Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Floor Plan Needed

Posted by barry18325 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 1, 06 at 7:08

I am designing and general contracting construction of a small home in the near future. I am looking for ideas. The site is a hillside with a view and I am divorced so it needs to be suitable for maybe 2 people. Anyone have a home with only one important entrance at the kitchen perhaps and the other way out onto a screened porch for instance?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Floor Plan Needed

Hi barry18325 - I am doing the same thing and checked out ePlans.com and found some that worked but the best thing I found was smartdraw.com. They have several plans, one for 750 sq ft and the other at 900 sq ft with the capability of a trial use of the software and you can redesign it to fit your own site and needs. It didn't take very long at all to figure out how to use the software, place in the applicances, furniture, etc. to max out my site, viewing area of the lake, stairwells, etc. Best of luck. Teddyandme

o

a friend of mine wanted to build a small Arts & Crafts style home, and found plans he was very happy with on houseplansplus dot com. They have everything from small to large plans, in many different styles and an easy search function.

HTH!~

Here is a link that might be useful: House Plans Plus

o

Thanks, I am fooling with the sample SmartDraw now and can see it is exactly what I need. I have some pretty good architectural design books and interior design material so I am getting pretty confident that I can design something just right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here