Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spunbondwarrior

Odd/Small house stuff in Chicago?

spunbondwarrior
10 years ago

Southern born lunatic goes to the big city. No more 2.5 mile walks from the house to the mailbox and back. No mile walks down to the creek and back. Well, not for 10 days anyway..... No sitting in the woods watching the dogs looking for something to kill. No claiming to be out looking for deer sign or fishing all day even when no fish nowhere is interested in anything. Damn, what will I do?
I hate big cities. Well, not all of them. I have very fond memories of the times I spent time in Chicago and Minneapolis.
My wife is traveling to Chicago on business all week the week after next, and, she needing a large amount of aggravation and adoration while she is there, has asked me to come along. She says that in addition to walking around town around all day long, just this time in a real city with more than three buildings over 3 stories tall (all of which belong to the county, this being the county seat and all) and sidewalks and trains and buses and other such big city things, like lots of people among other things like that, that there are undoubtedly many places in and around Chicago that have lots of odd and unusual and weird even "stuff" that I am interested in purchasing for the new little house.
Stuff. Mirrors, glass, metal work, ceramic stuff, NOS or clean tiles and stone, odd woods, strange windows, odd hardware. Kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, odd stuff.
If any of y'all happen to know of such a place(s), I would very much appreciate your passing the name, and maybe even location too, of any such treasure troves.
Thaxxx

Comments (5)