Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find a house plan please

Posted by khawk77 (khawk77@otelco.net) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 18:24

Can anyone recommend a house plan for me? I'm looking for something around 1500 to 1600 square feet.
Here's what we're looking for in a house:
1. We do not want a garage because we already have a detached garage on the property.
2. We would like the best kitchen we can get in this size home.
3. Only one story....or maybe 1.5 if everything else fits our needs
4. 3 bedroom 2 bath
5. The master bedroom needs to have a nook or other space for a baby's bed or the master should be located adjoining one of the other bedrooms
6. We would like for the front of the home to be symmetric left to right.
7. We do not need a formal dining room, den, parlor, etc

I really appreciate any input

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find a house plan please

that leaves it wide open... is there a style you like? I think you should start there. you can google homes by style and sq ft to get you started. If you prefer 1 story, I'd probably look under ranch styles. You'll be overwhelmed with the options!

A lot of ranch styles have the 3 bdrms on 1 side w/a bdrm across from the mstr - that'd give you one for a baby just across the hall. Keep both doors open at night until you feel you don't need to listen for every sound. Or even use a baby monitor when they get a bit older.

you'd have a hall bath and a mstr bath.
you can get a lot of what you're asking for in that sq footage.

o

Yes, I've looked at thousands of plans over the past couple of months....but I've not been able to find one that is symmetric left to right, with the bedrooms all grouped together, and a decent kitchen. And I would like more than just small coat closets in the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms.

o

http://www.dreamhomesource.com/house-plans/dhs/dhsw72938.html?from=search

You don't need to add the garage in this one.
http://www.dreamhomesource.com/house-plans/dhs/dhsw47015.html?from=search

o

This plan is much larger than what you need, but it is a simple plan that you could use as a foundation for your own personalized plan. Shorten it to remove a bedroom, and reconfigure it a bit to have one BR open into the master. Perhaps two masters, one on each end, with one a bit smaller than the other.

Here is a link that might be useful: modern symmetrical plan

o

If you don't mind my asking, why do you want it to be symmetrical? Do you want to include a front porch or just flush across the front? Do you care how the back of the house looks...or is asymmetrical okay?

If you don't need a garage, you might try cottage plans and vacation homes. Often they don't have a garage and the cottages, especially are often quite charming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here