Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sofa converts to bunkbeds.

Posted by dilly_dally (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 13, 10 at 18:14

If your studio efficiency, or small home guest room is so tiny that there is not even room for a pull-out sofabed......... there is room for a sofa that converts to bunkbed to sleep two people.

Before:

Boy Love Pictures, Images and Photos

During............

Ta-da!

Kewl.

Other colors in more muted tones available also.

It's probably not the ideal solution for everyday use being too much of a hassle to set up, but great for the occasional overnight guest or grandchildren who stay for the summer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sofa converts to bunkbeds.

WOW that is neat. Even hubby was impressed.A little scary for us old timers. LOL I can just see myself trying to make it up. EEEKK But it an amazing piece of workmanship.

Thanks Dilly_Dally

Chris

o

Interesting--I wonder how it would hold up to a college student's use. Any idea of the price range?

o

This wonderful invention is featured on many sites. Price may vary with shipping. I believe you can write to clei.co.uk from their site for quotes. Or just check the http://www.bonbon.co.uk/clei/index.htm sellers where they have tons of attractive small living furniture for sale. There are many sellers of this item.

Here is one of the bunkbeds in a more mature style:

They have other great ideas for small home living. This won the best innovation award during the NEC Birmingham Furniture show. When the Murphy bed is down there is still a "chair" for seating for reading or putting on shoes, whatever. There is a storage bin built in and the couch seat lifts up to access it.

In muted colors:

Here is a link that might be useful: Find Price

o
More

The longer length of this couch deceives that it is in fact a pull-out sofa bed.

I love sneaky storage.

o

Dilly_Dally the second set of pictures do not link up correctly. I tried the link you posted. And that works fine.

These are great. I too love the extra storage areas hidden away yet easy to get to.

Thanks Chris

o
RE: Second look

Was looking at the Adam bed. I do not know why a person could not take the good futon mattress we have and make it into the wall bed shown. I think a box could be built and attached to the wall and either buy the proper lift hinge. Certainly food for thought. I down loaded the detailed information on it to show to DH.

Thanks Again Chris

o

dilly-dally, does it come with a built in elevator, lol, I can just see me with my bad knees lol lol. It's for the under 50 crowd.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here