Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Another charming kitchen...with table

lavender_lass
11 years ago

I really like this kitchen! Doesn't it look like an english cottage kitchen? It's so cozy and I can picture sitting around the table, drinking tea :)
{{gwi:1461259}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

Comments (15)

• jessicaml
    11 years ago

I appreciated that picture when you posted it in another thread! It may be the first peach room I can say I really like. :p The printed sheers on the fabulous window make it for me, I think, plus the fun chair covers. Lovely and inviting...though I do wonder where the fridge and dishwasher are (no dw?), and why the counter is higher in one spot?

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    11 years ago

That's the kind of kitchen that gives me a warm feeling! Love the plate rack, and toaster cubby.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jessica- It's one of the few peach rooms I've ever liked, too! The fabric looks great with the walls.

Mama Goose- This is exactly the type of kitchen I'd like to have in the farmhouse. So warm, inviting and pretty, yet casual :)

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

OH I like it !!!!
    The table & chairs...very cosy & cute fabric on the chairs. You see I have finally identified it, all the kitchens I like are inset. I like all those little drawers and the toaster tucked in there.

• Shades_of_idaho
    11 years ago

Our last house had a peach kitchen living room hall and laundry room. Brown carpets. Was not a pretty peach like what you are showing here. I could not paint it out fast enough. LOL Course the lady after me could not paint out my perfect mint to chocolate brown fast enough. WOW that was a change. From beechy cottage to dark cave like cabin look.It was cute her way.Just very different.

• tussiemussies
    11 years ago

Love it!

• msjay2u
    11 years ago

I love that kitchen also and it makes me think about a loooong time ago a magazine did one of those color studies and they found that for some reason peach in the kitchen makes food less pleasing to look at. LOL crazy huh? So if this is your kitchen what do you say about that study because I have always avoided peach anywhere food might be. I don't cook all that well so I cant have any distractions LOL...I love that whole stove wall. everything about it and the plate rack and how the stepped counter saves the look of the offset sink under the window (good tip to pass on as I have seen the question many times how to handle that) and the cabinet color and how the covers on the chairs match the curtains and that tall window...heck I love the whole thing LOL... I also like the sink and its not too big and I wonder where it came from cause I am interested in it for my kitchen. whew....breathe girl...

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

MsJay2u- Oh, this isn't my kitchen...but it's a very inviting kitchen and I especially like the table in the middle.

I think the peach 'works' so well, because of the ivory cabinets...plain white cabinets probably wouldn't look as good with it. And, the fabric has the same ivory/warm white color...with the peach and it looks like red, maybe a little gold and green, which is picked up by the plants.

The cabinets are so charming, but I think I would want a bit more counterspace, especially around the range...but it's a nice range! The sink is so shallow, I don't know if that's very practical, but overall...a very pretty kitchen :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

I really like it too, a peach color never crossed my mind. And the sheer patterned curtains with the blind under them have me rethinking my bare kitchen window. And that's something I was set against - no curtain(s). The way the sunlight comes through them is so pretty, especially when the window is that tall and wide.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Schoolhouse- Sheers are a great compromise...they give you the color/pattern of curtains, but still let the light through :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

Yes, I do love sheers (solid off white) and use them in my bedroom with the tall door and tall window - love the way they drift with the breeze. So classic. But I've never seen a patterned sheer that caught my eye quite like the ones in your photo. I've been browsing online and Country Curtains has an Autuman print that is nice. I think when I see the sheer I want it will jump out at me.

I wonder if the ones in your pic are a machine made panels or some fabric sewn into a curtain panel?

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Schoolhouse- I would guess they're fabric. I remember seeing a lot of solid/sheer fabric combinations a few years back, when I was fabric shopping. For example, you could use the heavier fabric for the main dress and the sheer for the sleeves.

That might be a fun idea for a kitchen! I've never thought about that before, but it does look nice :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

Well, I went to KMart yesterday afternoon for some inexpensive solid white sheers for the kitchen and pantry window. Hung them up with spring rods so I didn't have to nail hardware. Thought they filtered the light nicely, pulled to the side. Towards evening, it was a different feeling - reminded me of a bedroom and even more so when I walked into the kitchen this morning. Got the ladder and took them down - just not the look I'm wanting. Will take them back here after awhile, but I did keep the spring rods just in case one day something strikes me.

Etsy has such a great selection of vintage kitchen curtains, I love browsing them. They had one set which was a light color with cherries as a pattern. Cute, but with a wide ruffle. Not a ruffles person. Anyhow, you should check Etsy out sometime. If only I had ten kitchens I could do one in every style I like!

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Schoolhouse- Have you checked the fabric stores? Sometimes you can get some nice sheer fabric on clearance and just hem the edges.

Another idea is lace panels...would they work? I like lace, but so do my cats...so I usually have valances...or panels that can easily be moved by paws, without snagging the fabric :)

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

I like lace and have used it in the past (not in the kitchen), but in the last few years I've gone with a different look by using sheers. Only in the library, I put up vintage lace panels in the summer.

I may visit JoAnn Fabrics and browse a bit, but in my heart I'm not feeling sheers or sheer fabric for the kitchen. It doesn't seem to flow (no pun intended) with the beadboard and general feel of the room. But you never know.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES