Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cynandjon

our house

cynandjon
16 years ago

Now that I know how to post pics, I thought I would give it a try posting a pic of the house we are building.

Front view

{{!gwi}}

side view

{{!gwi}}

back of house

{{!gwi}}

Comments (19)

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Cynandjon ~ Wasn't able to see any pictures at all. Hope we will be able to soon. Would love to see pics of the house you are building.

FlowerLady

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

flower
    ok try this, I moved them to the first album thats why, I didnt think about the link.

Front View

side view facing the woods

Back and other side

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Great house! Amazing windows onto the woods! No one is going to mistake your house for any others close by! What is the square footage?

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Its about 1650 I think. Upstairs is the master bedroom, WIC, Master bath, and a small sitting room.
    down stairs is an open kitchen living area,bathroom,and small room for guests.
    heres a pic of the future kitchen and living room area. As you can see no finish work yet.

future Living room area

future kitchen area

{{!gwi}}

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

What a COOL place! It fits right into the woods and I love all of the windows. Do keep posting pictures as you move along with this project, inside and out. You guys are doing a fantastic job.

FlowerLady

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you flowerlady, I appreciate the encouragement

• piper1014
    16 years ago

I love it! I want to see more pics too as you go along. It's wonderful.

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Piper its been 3 years. Hopefully will be finished SOON!!

• mrsmarv
    16 years ago

Really beautiful, and it's just in the beginning stages. Please keep us posted as you progress. It looks like you have wonderful surroundings. We live on 7 acres in the woods and we love it...enjoy!

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks mary. We love it too. Every day we see something interesting. The house we live on now is only 2 minutes walking distance but its on a main rd and the houses are very close. I hate it. I will be so happy to live where its more peaceful.
    I would love to see some pics of your woods, house etc.

• jilliferd
    16 years ago

cynandjon,

Did you design this yourself? Interesting on how all the angles come together, very challenging I would think to figure that all out. Lots of windows, too, so nice and bright.

We are building ourselves, assume you are too. Takes so much more time than you think. We are living in our home now, it is built, but not finished. We will keep on working and get there eventually. Every little thing that gets done is such a celebration. Makes it all worth it. Best wishes to you in your build.

Jill

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes hubby and I designed it and the angles made it very complex especially the roof.It was kinda figure it out as we go. It does take a lot of time. And people keep asking when is it going to be finished, cause weve been working on it for 3 years. But they dont realize that my hubby works full time and does this in his spare time. Unlike a contractor. Well Im sure you understand what Im saying.
    We are striving to get down what we need for an occupancy permit. The rest will be done after.
    Thank you for your post, and best wishes to you too.

• bluesibe
    16 years ago

Your house is beautiful. I bet you can't wait to move in!

Carol

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Carol, yes im getting tired of waiting. Still a lot of work to do.

• andyk
    16 years ago

That's one of the coolest houses I've seen posted here. Very unique!

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks And
    I hope I get to move in before Im to old to enjoy it. LOL

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

BTW we are also fans of Sarah Susanka and Frank Lloyd Wright.

• lucy
    16 years ago

Are you a witch :-)? That's a fairy tale house! I'm SOOO jealous!

• cynandjon
    Original Author
    16 years ago

awww thank you. It looks awful in the front view picture. LOL It will certianaly look better when the stone gets on the outside. The stone will go up to the peak in the front and then to the first story roof on the lower level.
    hopefully the floor will get poured in July and we can get moving. Right now hubby is putting on the fascia on the overhang.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler