Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

More outdoor living

FlowerLady6
14 years ago

Hello everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your summer so far.

I am another one who spends a lot of time outdoors, every chance I get, except in the horrible heat and humidity of the summer. Then I'm only out there in the mornings.

Being able to play and work outdoors makes a difference in living in small spaces. I appreciate our cottage more after working in the gardens.

Have a great summer ~ FlowerLady

Here is a link that might be useful: Living Outdoors - June 2009

Comments (9)

• flgargoyle
    14 years ago

Lovely photos! I bet there are a lot of plants our more northern friends are scratching their heads over....

• emagineer
    14 years ago

Always love your garden. Slowly getting there at my end...if the wind would stop scattering branches from trees all over. I'm cleaning up more than planting and taking care of all.

Post some more living outdoors lady!

• TxMarti
    14 years ago

Very pretty. I love your gates. It has become so hot here that I can't get up early enough to enjoy being outside. I still get out and work the veggie garden everyday, but I am not enjoying it.

• gayle0000
    14 years ago

Hi Flowerlady.

I was trying to contact you via your blog, and couldn't find an email...so I'm doing it here.

I just wanted to say that I've been following your blog off and on for a while (great place you have!!!)...and one day I noticed you had a link to my blog, and I felt so happy and thrilled that you actually did that! It's just nice to know that someone (besides my parents/family & close friends) actually have an interest in my little house and gardening adventures.

I've gardened for years, but in my first house (which went along with an abusive marriage), my gardening ideas, plant selections, and creativity had to go through the approval / disapproval / veto process, and it was stifling. I gardened the best I could within the limits I was given. I got out in the yard to clear the noise from my head.

Now my daughter & I are out of there, and I have the freedom to do what I want with the level of care and detail I want. I don't have to sell new ideas or justify anything to anyone in the garden. My daughter has taken to gardening now and we love to mess around outside with the plants.

I guess my point here is that I am so proud of myself and my little home...and it really touches my heart that someone else cares to see what's going on at my place...especially when it's garden-related. That's all I really wanted to say.
    Gayle

PS: Below is the link to my blog in case you're need a refresher on who I am.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gayle's blog

• cynandjon
    14 years ago

Hi Flowerlady
    Lovely lovely lovely, Your love for gardening shows.

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good grief! Where have I been. I created this post and forgot to come back. Sorry folks. Thank you all for visiting my gardens and for your kind comments.

flgargoyle ~ I'm sure there are. We have so many different things to grow down here.

emagineer ~ The last pictures I saw of your gardens were lovely. Hope everything is doing well there.

marti8a ~ I hear you with the heat. It's miserable here too. Even going out early it's miserable.

gayle ~ I answered you via email, but will say here that I am proud of you for turning your house into a home with lovely gardens for you and little Ava. Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind comments about it. Keep up the good work.

cynandjon ~ Thank you. Yes I do love gardening. It's my favorite hobby.

Below is a link to the posting today on my blog with more pictures.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Here is a link that might be useful: Plum Cottage Garden Pictures

• flgargoyle
    14 years ago

I have a big tibouchina that's getting ready to flower- I'll post pics when it gets going good. Also called Princess flower or Glory Bush, mine is a large type- ours is about 15' and growing. I'll post a picture of my banana flowering, too. It flowers so quickly I usually miss it!

• flgargoyle
    14 years ago

Here's our banana in bloom. The big red bud is the male flower, and the bananas are above it. The whole process only takes a couple days, but it takes months for the bananas to fully form and ripen. They are less than half the size of a commercial banana but very sweet.

The second picture is a night blooming cactus that we always miss. This pic was taken about 10 PM. By 6:30 AM, it was nearly closed. The bloom is about 6" across. We're usually sleeping, so this is the first time we caught it 'in the act'.

• jakkom
    14 years ago

Beautiful photos, everyone! Flowerlady, I love your intimate pathways and beautiful groupings.