Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idie2live

What do you think?

idie2live
13 years ago

I got an email from iVillage. They want permission to include a photo of my bedroom that I had posted in their "Home Inspirations Gallery".

I wasn't sure at first if it was a joke or not.

What do you all think?

Comments (18)

• idie2live
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This is the only picture I remember posting that he could be talking about. And while I love it, I was still totally surprised! For goodness sakes, the coverlet is on upside down! I guess it could be a prank

{{!gwi}}

loretta

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

Gee Loretta I never would have guessed the coverlet was upside down. I am still totally in love with your room. I know others here are too. I doubt it is a scam but I really do not know. Your room is picture pretty. This is an especially dreamy picture of it.

Is there a way to ask them more details?

Chris

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

there's a way on the main page to contact them.

your bedroom has been looked at by many - and loved by them. like me. and copied to their 'house folder'. for future use and guidance. I plan on a green and purple bedroom and mstr bath in my new place.

are the colors as shown here true to real life? gee, I just love it all over again! I think on the decorating forum you listed the paint colors. well, at least one of them. you posted "Behr - Silverberry"

i have my shower curtain for the bath and comforter for the bed. will probably pick up a light weight one for spring-fall next year.

• User
    13 years ago

Hmmm, Loretta, I know what you mean about being suspicious. We're also having strange things happening and cannot figure where the leak in security is. So I've disabled my Facebook, and changed all passwords--again--and TRIED to drop some accounts.

See if you can approach iVillage yourself, and NOT click on any link in the email you received. They are merciless in phishing for your information and then hacking your account and ultimately stealing your identity. If they think they've found a place where the phishing is good, it will be here where we are lulled into a false sense of security. But those strange new posts by day-old memberships, all leading to a URL about TABLES of one sort or another, most innane unrelated links you ever saw, they make alarm bells go off in my head.

No doubt your room is lovely. I have been a fan of lavender and green (blueish lavender and bluish green) ever since I got a coloring book. And spike it with some chartreuse!
    It is good to know you used a Behr paint. So many people like the more exotic brands, and maybe they are really ultimately high class more so than Behr, but I've been a total Behr painter for the last 20 years. And make no apologies for it either.

Let us know if you get any satisfaction when you contact iVillage direct.

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

What ML said.

I've only seen two posts from that newbie linking to tables. Isn't there a way to report stuff like that?

• Nancy in Mich
    13 years ago

Yes, there is a way to contact them. Scroll up to the top of this page and see the name Garden Web on the green line on the left? Click it. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page and you will see the fine print. The second line of fine print says "About Gardenweb." Click on "Contact Us" on that line.

I have seen people join Gardenweb and plaster the forums with their advertisements like the person with the table is doing. They have been doing it for years. Once someone reports them, their registration gets canceled and they can no longer post. Cancellation used to happen in hours when Spike ran the Gardenweb. Now that iVillage is in charge, it takes longer.

Loretta, I have no idea if the request from Gardenweb is real or not, but I have to tell you that I have only ever bookmarked two photos for decorating inspiration, and your bedroom is one of them. It is so beautiful - homey and elegant at the same time! What was your inspiration for pairing the green and the violet? The silver lamps and mirrors are the perfect touch.

Maybe if you use the "contact us" link I found, you can ask if they originated your email?

• TxMarti
    13 years ago

What did you decide to do Loretta? Did you contact iVillage?

• 4boys2
    13 years ago

iVillage just wants to post in the section I've attached..
    Quite frankly no one needs your permission to re-post a picture that you have put out there on the web .
    I can copy that photo and post it anywhere I like.I just can't use it for financial gain.
    iVillage finds it to be a wonderful room and would like all the details to assist others to achieve that look.......

And I do love that room !!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://photos.ivillage.com/home/inspirationsgallery/

• idie2live
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry that I didn't get back to you all. My DGD is here for the weekend and I'm exhausted!
    It is legit. And they said they would let me know when it appears.

----"Quite frankly no one needs your permission to re-post a picture that you have put out there on the web"---

I don't care anything about the picture, I was just curious as to whether it could be some kind of a joke or not. It's not like this kind of thing happens to me everyday, lol Maybe I should have offered to take another pic with the coverlet facing right side up

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

it's right on the pic I copied out - isn't it?

{{!gwi}}

and yes they can copy out your pic, just like I did. but if you are 'giving' your permission for someone to use it you want to know that they are who they say they are!

• idie2live
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah Steph, that is right side up. Its also reversible with green on one side and white on the other.

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

Congratulations Loretta. WE have a Star Amongst us.

Really is a lovely room.

Chris

• User
    13 years ago

YEaaaaaaaa, Loretta!!!
    That is truly a great looking room.
    When you give the details, like all the paint colors, and the light fixture, the lamps, and so on, be sure to give us those finer details too. I don't always wear my glasses to be truthful with you.

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

shoot, even with my glasses i usually have to save pics to my photo program and them enlarge them to see the detail in them!

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    13 years ago

Congratulations, Loretta, your room is beautiful, and definitely attention-worthy. I like the coverlet being on upside-down better--I like the way the branches seem to start at the edge of the sheet, and 'flow' over the bed.

• judithva
    13 years ago

Congrats, very cool. Love the color combo! Very romantic and soothing.

• carljohn113
    13 years ago

Lovely room

• User
    13 years ago

The table guy is back.