Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW Cabinets due in tomorrow

Posted by EATREALFOOD (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 12 at 19:41

Ok for all of you who have made mistakes buying things for a reno and feel bad about it ...
We tried really hard to buy used cabinets and make them work. We are not able to DIY anything since we live in an apt--no room and no tools !. They do not work. They do not cover the area or provide enough storage. Since I expanded the kitchen from one wall to two walls(no plumbing was moved)I need to take advantage of the "new" space. I am disgusted that we paid $1000. BUT at least it's not $5000. We are donating them to the place we bought them from ! They are worth at least $3000 minimum so that's my tax deduction next year...
On a happy note- The new cabinets are due TOMORROW ! I will post photos here & on "kitchens" so people who are considering Shiloh can see them.
All in all it might not be the worst "wasted" money during an entire gut rehab so I guess I'll forget it fast !!! As DH says "just burn the receipt". I still feel ike an idiot for agreeing to them in a weak moment.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW Cabinets due in tomorrow

couldn't have used them where they did fit and fill in with more cabs?

well, you've ordered the new ones and they should be there today so I guess it doesn't matter. someone else will be happy tho when they buy 'em up at the used store!

post pics of the new ones!

o

WOO HOO are they here yet??? Very good of you to donate.

o

Can't wait to see them!

o

Hi
I can't find my camera charger !!!
The colors LOOK GREAT. I AM SO HAPPY WITH THE COLORS.
frustrated with just a few KD mistakes but will post later.
KD lied right to my DH on the phone. Typical for salesman.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here