Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another charming kitchen...

Posted by lavender_lass (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 12 at 15:06

This is such a nice kitchen, I thought I'd share it with all of you. The wood is so pretty and the island is wonderful. The plate rack and shelves, as well as the arches/cutouts are just charming :)

From Farmhouse plans

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another charming kitchen...

wow I love that!! I came on here to get some ideas for my 8x10 kitchen and I found quite a few in this photo alone!! Check for my posting....I am hoping you guys can help me

o

Msjay- I'm glad you like it!

You might want to go over to the kitchen forum and check out the small galley kitchen. It's so well planned and lots of good ideas. Wait, I'll get you a link :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Brooklyn Galley kitchen

o

Thanks...that kitchen is actually smaller than mines...and here I am complaining LOL. okay post coming up...I got sidetracked

o
RE: kitchen

I like the first kitchen better because it has a less cluttered feel to it.

o

That is a cute kitchen LL. How deep do you think that china cupboard is?

o

I just realized that the "busy" kitchen was the before kitchen. I do really like that kitchen and loving that fridge

o

Lavender
many of us here have the same taste...that kitchen is so warm & cosy. Thanks for posting. AND I can't believe it but the cabinets don't go to the ceiling...and it doesn't look "cheap"(an opinion sometimes expressed).
I love modern also but just couldn't do it in my 1938 building. I must incorporate pegs somewhere for dried herbs, I hope they don't entice miss puss.

o

Beautiful kitchen and maximized on style!

o

Fabulous kitchen, love it... for someone else! 20 years ago it would have been wonderful. Today, I look at all the cabinet nooks and crannies, wood turnings, etc. and think, "How would I ever keep that clean, dust free, and without the greasy buildup that occurs in my heavily used kitchen ... I'm a serious cook?"

Not to be negative, and speaking just for me, but even with decent venting, I have grease laden air depositing gunk on my open shelves and easy to clean cabinetry. It's Thermofoil and gets the soap-and-water treatment. I wash things down with regularity.

But that picture IS so very pretty. If only............

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here