Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Little House in Little Rock on tv

Posted by writersblock (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 13:08

I know that the little house in Little Rock has some fans here, so I thought I'd post this link to a regional tv segment about it.

And tiny house aficionados, she knows that at 600 sf it's not a tiny house. That's the tv channel calling it one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Little House in Little Rock on Garden Home

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Little House in Little Rock on tv

Writersblock, thanks for posting the link. I watched the whole episode and greatly enjoyed it. Their house is very well thought out and looks workable. The tiny houses on trailer beds, I can't picture those being comfortable for the long term.

o

I love that house, and it's very popular on the tiny and small home sites. It's a Tumbleweed plan that was originally owned by Jay Shafer. Tumbleweed has a couple of other plans (I think up to 850 sqft) which are a similar style to this house. They're all meant for sort of narrow lots though.

This is one of my favorite small homes. My biggest problem (and many of us on the tiny and small home sites) we need stairs. I am also afraid of the appraisal of a small home like she mentioned in the video. We had a horrible time with an appraisal when we sold our last home and do not want to go through that again. We may just do a cash build because of it.

o

Why didn't I think of that?????

Thank you so very much for posting this video as it's given me several ideas for my 1445 sq. ft. home.

We have a round dining table almost exactly like in the video.
I love it. It has some sentimental value.
But it's a pain when we have more that 4 extra people over for a birthday party or any type of gathering.
Wheels....brilliant!
Again, thank you!

o

That is one of my favorite plans too. If I ever build again, I would like to do it, with some of the same modifications/enlargements they did. I'd have to have stairs too, and a larger bathroom.

o

Oh my goodness, that is ADORABLE! Besides being so cute and cozy, it is also very functional.

I, too, would have to have stairs. I am just not that thrilled with climbing ladders now, so I can imagine in a few years it would be even less fun.

o

Yes, I don't like the ladders, either, and it appears that even younger folks are having second thoughts about it. If you watch the video for this really cool tiny house, the very young guy who owns it explains that he didn't do a loft because ladders and drinking don't mix.:)

Here is a link that might be useful: minim house

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here