Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small home? move out..outside that is....

Posted by ronbre (My Page) on
Sat, May 9, 09 at 10:36

Now that it is spring in most parts of the world N of the Eq..Move out..out of your house..build some beautiful garden beds..have someplace to go to get outside..in the age of cell phones and laptops..why be cooped up inside when you can go outside..
if you have a small back yard plants some shrubs for privacy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic">
hide a potting shed under the apple tree out back
plant those hard to mow banks with trees and shrubsImage and video hosting by TinyPic

maybe a children's fairy retreat under a pine tree grove?

or finally a cool space to sit under the grapevines?

no matter how small your yard..if there is a yard..you can make a private place to sit outside..fortunately i have a large yard..so i have LOTS of quiet places to sit.

Hope this encourages you to go outside..laptop and phone if necessary, just go outside.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small home? move out..outside that is....

Great pics and a great idea, which I already do. Lots of garden vignettes with plenty of seating, flowers, herbs, natives, tropicals, vines and more. I love being outside, except when it's really hot and miserable and I'm afraid that is already starting for us. During the summer I have to get out early to do any work, so that I can quit by around 9-10 a.m.

I love your top picture. Looks like a cottage garden to me.

FlowerLady

o
RE: small home? move out..outside that is....

You have beautiful gardens/ areas. I love the idea of making them individual spots to hide out. And I am totally with you. GET OUTSIDE. Maybe that's why some people build huge homes, so they can stay indoors all of the time and not be the same place all of the time. I am laid off, like so many other people right now. I have a pretty affordable life with no big, expensive dreams. Just a desire to find every possible cheap or free flower I can get in my garden.
Loving spring and looking forward to playing with my kids in our tiny pool this year!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here