Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making Roman Shades w/Cords safe

Posted by moccasinlanding (My Page) on
Wed, May 4, 11 at 9:35

I subscribe to the RSS feed for TerrellDesigns.com, and the lady there is quite active with roman shade designs. Lately she's been on some tv programs where she's discussed the options available to make roman shade cords safe according to the new government warnings. I'm giving a link below which will tell you how to put battens into a lined shade which does not have any, don't even have to remove the shade from the wall, and in the same newsletter there is a video clip from a program where she also demonstrates another technique for using magnets in the shade to replace the cord problems.

If you don't have an easy source for roman shade supplies, and you want to make your own, this is a great source of both design information AND supplies.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roman Shade cord safety

Follow-Up Postings:

o
oops

hmmmm, this needs to get out of the way.

o
RE: Making Roman Shades w/Cords safe

LOL I was NOT posting to it to keep it at the top. Great site and meant to mention it in another thread of yours to see it. But I forgot to I guess. Tired and company here so lots to do. Brain is pooping out on me. :^(((

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here