Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desertsteph

I have a few questions - or should I call a store?

desertsteph
9 years ago

like HD or Ls?

lol! just trying to perk things up here...

ok, anyone know what kind of paint for a metal door? does it need primed? it'll need stripped/sanded I'm sure. too hot these days I think but I can plan for the fall. It takes me forever to even plan. or ask the questions.

how about some wood trim outside? looks like some unpainted wood between the door frame and - something. I already forgot what - maybe the siding. I was looking around the door to be sure everything was caulked good for the summer and stopped at that wood. I think it should be painted before I caulk? or should I caulk and then paint? the caulking says paintable.

such decisions!!!! I'd be in a terrible mess if I needed to decide on a counter top or something major.

That does remind me tho - I was thinking maybe next yr I'd get a new counter top. I was fairly set on Butterum Formica. Then I had ants last spring (or summer). they were so very tiny! the light bulb went on signaling me that IF I had something like Butterum for a counter I wouldn't have even had a clue there were ants on the counter top!! This old white laminate suddenly looked just fine - even with the gouge on one end of it. maybe I can paint that... it also keeps the white mw from sticking out like a sore thumb next to bisque fingers. I'm pretty sure there is no chance I'll find a cheap mw in bisque to match the other appliances!

btw, Jed was helping his dad with projects last weekend and I've always told him family comes first - sooo - no clothesline yet. no curtains up in the LR/DR yet.

Comments (8)