Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen reno...progress (or lack)

Posted by young-gardener (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 22:09

Hello, friends!

We've been kitchenless since November, and what a trip it's been!

Here's what the kitchen looks like as I type: no power yet and many things that have to be corrected (like missing outlets)

The fridge isn't sitting against the wall, so it will mess with your size perception a bit.

breakfast room to new laundry room

view from new laundry

We're expecting our first child in about 19 weeks, but will we have a kitchen by then???? Only time will tell.

I'm anxious to get to the FUN part....creation of the space!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen reno...progress (or lack)

Oh my - 19 weeks! Congratulations! How will you manage without a kitchen when the baby comes?

Funny, I just looked at your blog and then see this post. I hope your contractor gets all those repairs done quickly so you can go on with the project.

o

Young- The kitchen looks great! I can understand you wanting it to be done, though. Wow! The baby is going to be there in 19 weeks...congratulations :)

o

Congrats on the new addition to your family, I hope the rest of the renovation moves quickly.

o

Oh Congratulations on your new one to be. you are creating a lovely space to hopefully enjoy for a long time to come. I do hope kitchen arrives before baby.

o

Youngun, how in the world are you keeping sane with the remodel going on since November!! That's almost 7 months, and you pregnant....La, la, you have a much better disposition than I have. DH is just putting up crown molding in two more rooms, and I'm going nuts.

But, that said, I can see how new it is looking, discounting the need for a few corrections. I'm sure it will move along much quicker when the contractor starts closing things up.

A new kitchen and a new baby, how cool is that!!

o

Wow! A new kitchen AND a new BABY? How blessed you are! Both will be ready before you know it! Congrats!

Oh, and of COURSE we want to see pictures---of your baby and your new space!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here