Xpost on Mfg. home site

Posted by wantoretire_did (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 14, 10 at 18:55

Need input for purchase - see link to my Xpost

Here is a link that might be useful: DH Time warp

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Xpost on Mfg. home site

My DH said it matters if they are considered real property or not. Our DW is real property on full foundation wheels and tongues removed. It could be moved but it is not meant to be moved from this spot.

The last two DW we have had have escalated in value. Again both were real property. I am not sure that can be done in a moble h0me park because you do not own the land. All three of the DW we have had have been on our own property.

When we have bought and sold we ran all transactions through title company and you then pay for the title search.

There are different classes of manufactured homes. We have the 6 inch walls and double pane vinyl windows, real sheet rock walls bull nosed corners, lots of upgrades. With the real estate slump we would not expect to sell this place at a large profit but then we have no intention of selling. Hoping this was our last move and we made this house custom just for us.

Not sure this is really what you are asking.

Chris.

o

can't say for sure - check your property tax office - do you pay real or personal prop tax on it?

not your land, so I'd say it's not real property. here it has to be set into the ground I think to be real property.

o

Thank you both. He's calmed down now ;-)

I will check w/county and state (NY) agencies and get copies of regs to hold onto. Sure wouldn't want to be hit with tax and penalties down the road.

Still hoping for a sale soon.......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here