Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
House in a box

Posted by shades_of_idaho (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 12 at 14:11

Thought this was interesting. Wish there were more pictures. This looks like some thing that some one wanting a smaller living space would be able to take ideas from.

Here is a link that might be useful: House in a Box

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: House in a box

Yes, very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

o

Shades, I became so interested in it, I sent the link to several of my friends. One sent me back another link, which I'll put below. It is the group that Brad Pitt, Ellen DeGeneres, maybe George Clooney etcetera are working with, in New Orleans. Affordable homes for working class families, and focused on the lower 9th ward in the city. If you look at the map, you'll see how many homes they've already done, what the floor plans are like, and the exterior look. I think the plans are available.

For small homes, I think our time has come. More plans featuring GREEN LIVING are being offered. I hope Scott is listening, and takes a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: MAKE IT RIGHT NOLA.

o

I think these houses are so cute. Even if a person could not do it exactly as these are built there are so many ideas to be considered. Course I am loving the solar part. Since the city got the solar grant and install I have enjoyed watching the money add up. I know it will probably not pay for itself but has done really well so far considering we have just come through winter.

These self sustaining houses are so right for the area and conditions these people have to live through on a regular basis. I love some of the quirky shapes. thanks for doing more research ML. Was happy to see more on this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here