Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myrealnameismama_goose

Old House Dreams

Hi everyone, I found a wonderful blog that I wanted to share. I've been scrolling through, looking at the kitchens, but all the pictures are interesting. The homes are all sizes, and square footage is listed, along with street views. I know there are several 'old house' lovers among us, so enjoy.

Warning: Click on this link ONLY if you have lots of time to spare!

Here is a link that might be useful: Old House Dreams

Comments (7)

• Shades_of_idaho
    12 years ago

OH How fun. Thanks Mama_goose.

I especially enjoyed where they build a mantle around the bump outs in the rooms in the second house. A great was to make silk purse out of a sows ear.

LOL at the outer only painted floor.

Wish we all were redoing those two houses . What a fun time of it. Those silk drapes and pretty colors in the one house. Loving it. Can't wait to go through some more of her posts.

Thanks so much!!

Chris

• User
    12 years ago

Mama, I had to subscribe to the RSS feed for that site so it would never get lost. Did you see how many homes they had on that site? And so well organized.

That 1884 Octagon up in MN sort of gives me images of your home, with the garden especially. I did not see a bathtub in the yard, but I saw the nice places to sit outdoors in a spacious area, very rural looking. And comfortable.

I also noticed the lavender shutters and door, and the lavender walls in one room. Someone has a serious lavender addiction.

I cannot wait to explor some of the 20 Alabama houses to see what gives there.

It is too close to dinner for me to do more exploring tonight, but I promise myself not long.

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

ML- What's wrong with a lavender addiction? LOL

Shades- The outer only painted floor is great. Reminds me of a This Old House episode.

Mama goose- Wonderful link! I'll have to come back, when I have more time to enjoy it :)

• kimkitchy
    12 years ago

Oooo, thanks mamagoose! I saved that site to my "favorites" so I can go back and waste lots of time there. Love looking at all the pics!

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

LOL LL. I enjoyed browsing though that blog too, mama goose. Thanks for posting it.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm very happy that you've all enjoyed it. I have a confession--I've gone all the way back to page one! It seems that new houses are added every day, so I plan to check back often.

• User
    12 years ago

Mama, it is a great way to satisfy my yen to see old houses. However, this month has been full of visitors for us. It makes me want to check my horoscope, which I never do, to see what in the world is going on. You'd think that south Alabama would be off the beaten track, but apparently not. Today I am being visited by a friend not seen for 12 years, who has been working in Africa. And then tomorrow my college roommate is coming. It is so lovely to take a work break and have a visit break. Love it love it. But it does delay my browsing and reading. :)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz