Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Still seeking house plans~~

Posted by phoggie (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 11:00

I posted this on the building forum and did get some suggestions.....but since you all on smaller houses have lived in one, do you have any plans you would want to share with me....3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 car garage, no steps!...about 1500 SF or so, with view to the back~~

LL, I love the one you posted....but any and all are appreciated.

I must keep in a modest budget...so no fancy roof lines, or things that would up the cost to build.

I still keep hoping to find a ready-built one, but none is available....I really didn't want to build..but do still have my lot....and there is nothing in that little town to rent....and this house is sold and I have to be out in a month! (but a former classmate has offered me a bed in her home until I buy/build)...blessings to her!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still seeking house plans~~

We need to know what your size limitations are. Is this a narrow deep lot, or a shallow wide lot, or acreage of some kind? Does the garage need to be front-loading or can it be in the rear or on the side?

I think about 90% of the garden homes built in the last 15 years have had a variety of one common floor plan. Long skinny house. Left side has garage, BR, hall bath, BR, MBR/bath. Right side has garage, into laundry, into kitchen, into dining, into living. Occasionally the LR is in the middle, if the lot is slightly wider. Flip if desired.

Here is a link that might be useful: standard garden home in my area

o

phoggie, have you seen this website:

Simplehome

o

Phoggie- Here's the house I posted on the other forum...and two more :)

From Cottage house plans

From Cottage house plans

From Cottage house plans

From Cottage house plans

From Cottage house plans

From Cottage house plans

o
Also

I meant to add...in the last plan, since you don't need the stairs, that would make a wonderful walk-in pantry :)

o

Phoggie, I've always been fond of this house Southern Living Gulf Coast Cottage, plan SL-131, and I had the privilege of walking through it as built here in Mobile. We were loving it and the realtor said it had just been sold while we were standing there.

The siding was not wood, it was Hardie plank, which is durable and really only the trim might need painting. The house has large gallery (covered porches) on three sides. The back of the house has a deck. While the front has the steps characteristic of a Cajun cottage, the back is at ground level because of the slope of the land. The garage is detached, and built to look like a "summer kitchen". They had a two car space and a tool shed included. The house had a wide center hall, much like the old style houses, and it catered to comfort. Take a look at the website, for more information. Here is the picture of the house and the floor plan. Talk about a gracious dwelling, nothing but class.

GulfCottagePhillips

Gulf CottagePhillips

GulfCottagePhillips

Here is a link that might be useful: Southern Living SL-131 house plan details

o

Hi Phoggie,
I posted on your house plan search onanother forum. I am also a widow selling my house to build a smaller house with a smaller lot. As I said before I have been following your search for a house plan and your move with great anticipation for you. How great that you have a friend to stay with while you sort this all out and get your home built.
I plan to build closer to my son and one of my nephews. I am also looking for a house plan with a view . I am posting two more plans that are around 1500' .
Good luck with the move and finding the right plan.

Here is a link that might be useful: Small House Plan

o
RE: plan

Phoggie,
The other link.

Good luck with your move!

Here is a link that might be useful: The second plan.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here