Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
working out dimensions of spaces within a house plan

Posted by nathanormaxie (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 6, 11 at 10:07

I have a house plan layout I like. I've cut and pasted this into Power point is there a free program out there that is easy to use to be able to work out the dimensions that are not listed and to incorporate changes I would like? I have saved the plan I like in power point and whited out and sketched in changes - I would really like a program to put my changes in and one I can put my pictures out here- you all have such insight....and boy do I need it! With this house we have downsized a good bit so I'm pretty much wide open furniture wise-the old won't fit with the exception of a cherry wood display cabinet and a cherry wood entry way bench (it might not fit in the end and I'll end up giving to one of the kids).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: working out dimensions of spaces within a house plan

Hmmmm, now I'm not sure about this question, I think you'll just have to come up with proportions and decide what it must be. Once you figure out what one foot is, you can make your own proportional drawing to suit yourself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here