Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pictures for cottage lovers

Posted by young-gardener (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 11 at 15:38

Hey!
I snapped a few cottage shots while out walking today and thought I'd share. I'll take more when things green up. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: link to pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pictures for cottage lovers

These are truly inspirational. Thanks for posting!

o

Young- Great website...I like the pictures! Everything is so green :)

o

It was a beautiful day here. The daffodils and Bradford Pears are fading, but the dogwoods should be opening very soon. It will be just lovely.

o

Beautiful day here too. My daffodils are probably at their peak right now. How do you take pictures of your neighbor's houses without looking too conspicuous?

o

Great question, Marti! Our neighborhood actually has a walking tour of homes, with a little brochure telling you where to stop. So, I see lots of people roaming the streets with cameras in hand. I do the same, as if I don't live here, and I stop at any house I want. :)

o

Youngun, you have a fantastic fairyland neighborhood. How fortunate you are to live where so many people are loving their houses, where there is such history along your streets.

Thank you so much for sharing this album of cottages, and when you take another walk, take an extra battery with you. You will have plenty to take pictures of. Every picture is saying volumes to me.

o

Oh what a lovely neighborhood! There were many that tugged at my heart, but I would love one like the home needing to be restored!!

o

Youngun, it just occured to me, you need to crosspost this album on the OLDER HOMES forum. It will lift their spirits also. What a lovely breath of fresh air.

o

Glad ya'll are enjoying the photos. Every time I walk around town, I am reminded what a special place it is. I'm glad we stumbled upon it in our move to the state.

o

Oh be still my cottage-lovin' heart! I good happily live in any of those lovely cottage homes. Thanks so much for sharing your neighborhood. Could you give us a hint as to where you live?

Teresa (in North Carolina)

o

It's nice to see those cottages restored. Which one is yours? Not to be a whiner but I'm glad I'm not the one that has to maintain all that gingerbreading. It's just so beautiful tho.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here