Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flgargoyle

Zeroing in on exterior colors

flgargoyle
11 years ago

Although I'm a long way off from painting our house, I do need to decide on colors now. I'm completely finishing the gable over the garage roof so I don't have to go back up there once the slippery tin is installed.

We think we're set on the main color, Behr Dried Basil. I tried a couple trim colors on my little shed. On the right is Lemon Drop; on the left is Hummus. It's interesting how the Lemon Drop brings out the green in the main color, while the Hummus makes it look more gray. The red is a potential for the front door and windows.

I'm posting a pic of the house as it is now, a Sketch-Up rendering, and two pics of the shed, one in the sun, one on a rainy day. The house sits in the woods. The tin roof looks silver, white, or blue, depending upon the light conditions.

We're just not sure if we're there yet. We want color without looking like clowns live there. We want it to harmonize with the woods, but not disappear. We've considered a dark trim, or a darker main color with yellow trim. I looked at more trim colors today, including a yellow with less green in it. Decisions, decisions! Any thoughts?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler