Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris_pyle

New Bathroom Window

Shades_of_idaho
14 years ago

Well this window is no where near as wonderful as Missy's window. It does let light into the room and opens it up quite a bit. So glad I had it done. AND so glad Mario did it. Ran into a vent pipe that had to be re routed. Who knew. Was no big deal to them. Just a few parts involved.

It was suggested from a friend glass strings as a curtain would be nice. Might just go that direction. I hate to cover it with a curtain. The window is really high up so privacy is not much of an issue. I just would like a little something there. Maybe even a small draw curtain or lace. Will come up with something. We are not expecting company for awhile.

Dashing off to town.

Chris

Here is a link that might be useful: New Bathroom Window

Comments (17)

• anicee
    14 years ago

It's quite nice. Have you thought of interior shutters? They can be painted or just varnished, you can adjust the lats (I don't know if it's the right word in English)for either privacy or to let light in or you can open them altogether. I think it would give your bathroom a nice classy country look.

Anicée

• trancegemini_wa
    14 years ago

It doesnt look like it would cause too many privacy issues from the pic shades. it does look fairly high and only looking toward the sink area? If it were me I'd do something like idie did in her new porch sidelights with the frosted film but then again I noticed from the comment under the pic you were thinking of doing a glass mosaic which would look fantastic like a real feature there and since you have the tools and the talent that would be a great way to go.

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Anicée I am not sure there would be room for shutters. There is only a couple of inches each side. Would be cute.

I am still considering doing a clear patterned glass mosaic with dashes of color to go along with my back splash in there or maybe a beaded curtain half way up.

Loving the film Loretta used and do plan to look for some today in town. would be a perfect fix. Would not block any light.

Chris

• yayagal
    14 years ago

I like the film too, I put it on my french doors but, in this case, since you have the mosaics near the sink, I think the clear mosaics with a dash of color would be very creative and keep the room opened up with light. I like the simplicity of it. Curtains or shutters would close it in a bit. I love a bathroom with a window.

• idie2live
    14 years ago

Oh yes, the glass mosiac would be so nice and still let light in. You do such lovely work.

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well I certainly am considering the mosaic on it. I can do it in sections so I do not have to stand on the toilet. Or?????? Wondering which side to do the mosaic. Bathroom side or laundry room side. Hummmmmmmmmmmm At one point there will ba a back sort of. Need to ask about that one.

Chris

• TxMarti
    14 years ago

That's nice Chris. I used to have a house with a skylight in the bathroom and I loved having a little natural light in there.

• emagineer
    14 years ago

Maybe a two door window with your mosaics so you can open them?

• prairie-girl
    14 years ago

Way to go, Chris - it looks wonderful. :o) What a great idea to bring in more light and help open up a little space.

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    14 years ago

since we have company now and I am still trying to finish up the kitchen and I painted the sewing room/guest room, the details on the window have gone on hold. I do think I want to do mosaic glass on it. Will need to work in sections as it would not be too fun to work up over the toilet and the window does not come out. It is there for good.

I do like it. It makes the room feel better. Not a dark hole any more.

Chris

• User
    14 years ago

Shades, what is APPLE BARREL PAINT?
    you mentioned it in a caption to a photo in your bathroom pictures album. You said it covers a multitude of stuff.

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OH ML it is just an acrylic craft paint. Sort of expensive to be using on furniture. BUT it is not too smelly.

That china cabinet I did was a horror of latex paint over oil and we all know the wreck that causes. WHY this cabinet has gone for 7 years in my possession with out being painted. I tested the Apple Barrel over it and it covered perfectly. There are other names. Apple Barrel is just the brand name. I bought it at Walmart.

Oh and it is water clean up.

Chris

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

hey, I can't see your window? who took it?

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    13 years ago

oops I guess I deleted the wrong picture. This is a new one I took yesterday. Also go to my next picture. LOL My kitty made front page of the newspaper because she was nasty when she has her spay job last week.She is such a dear little bottle fed brat.

Chris

Here is a link that might be useful: Window

• User
    13 years ago

Your window design is looking fantastic. It is a very artistic abstract pattern, and I really like it. I'm not sure I could tackle something as detailed as that.

And your poor kitty, she does look done in. I miss my kitties.

• prairie-girl
    13 years ago

Your window is coming along nicely. It's going to be so nice when it's done.
    Your poor (now famous) kitty. :o( Hopefully in a few days she will have completely forgotten.

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Heheheh I think she has already forgotten Was making up the futon yesterday and she dashed across the room and bit me on the top of my foot. I thought bottle fed critters were supposed to be so sweet??????????

Thanks on the window. Really there is no design to it. Brainless project. I have pans of glass at hand and just start laying it down and cutting to fit. This is the lazy way out of getting a big project done. I will take more care on the back splash for the master bathroom. That will be abstract with some thought to it. This window glass is 14 1/2 by 40 inches. I am pretty close to half way done. Had to work three days this week and town two days. Maybe tomorrow but I really should work in the yard.

Chris

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks