Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you think of this fabric for drapes?

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 4, 11 at 12:19

Remember my living room?
Photobucket

I wasn't going to do anything about drapes until our add-on was done, but I came across this fabric yesterday.

Photobucket

It is so hard to take a picture of a window with the sun shining in, so I closed the blinds and turned on the flash. It helped a bit, but the color is still washed out a bit.

Photobucket

This is the back, which isn't bad either

Photobucket

Now what do you think of it if I told you I got 16+ yards for $6. Not $6 per yard, $6 for all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you think of this fabric for drapes?

Love the fabric... go for it!!!!!

o

I think it is gorgeous and will be wonderful in your living room. Such a deal!!!! LOL I think I like the back side.Looks shiny.

o

6 dollars!? DO IT!

o

Go for it! And what a deal! For 6 dollars, without a doubt, I'd use it. From what I can see, I like the back side too!

o

i have to be odd ball out ... I don't like it - i never like things with little 'spots' on it, be it curtains, flooring, counter top etc. bothers my eyes.

o

Looks like it will really fit nicely in your room. Save the scraps for a couple of throw pillows, maybe with a different fabric on the backs. Solid colored and textured. Then find a striped fabric with those colors and make a couple more throw pillows out of that. Maybe a yard of fabric. What a bargain you found.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here