Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Being asked to take a survey by iVillage

Posted by moccasinlanding (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 9, 10 at 12:01

Is anyone else being asked to take a survey by iVillage?
It turns out it is about female sexual enhancement products. I think that is totally inappropriate for this entire range of forums. But they did not ask my opinion about THAT.

Just wondering.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Being asked to take a survey by iVillage

I was asked to take a survey and declined right off so never even knew what it was for.

Chris

o

I get those popping up every now and then and I just close them down so I've never done the survey. It sounds like it's advertising related moccassin so probably best to just close them when they come up

o

I agree regarding the content of the ad. It really doesn't belong on the site. Am not a prude, but was a tad irritating. And I can't remember if the site requires an age limit, which the ad should be subject to. Being facitious...I don't think we have a forum for this type of content.

As for answering surveys, never do it. But a few weeks ago I did want to thank I-Village for all they have done and giving us a great place for such a large amount of resources. Thought maybe the survey would get me there. Free isn't something we have much of in this day and age.
Didn't go any further after seeing that ad.

o

Get a good adblock and you won't see any surveys, either.

o

JMO but if this kind of advertising is allowed then why are we using symbols to spell out words like hell and ass not to mention mispelling crap? Personally, I don't like these kinds of ads on television or radio much less in a forum format such as this

o

I get the survey thing every once in a while and always close it.

o

Posted by pris (My Page) on Wed, Mar 17, 10 at 16:30
JMO but if this kind of advertising is allowed then why are we using symbols to spell out words like hell and ass not to mention mispelling crap? Personally, I don't like these kinds of ads on television or radio much less in a forum format such as this"

OH Hahaha Pris. I thought we were using the symbols just to be nice and not offend. Guess we were just kidding ourselves. Darn computers they can do just about anything now a days. Weird how they can pick up on certain words.

I do not like the link thing one bit and keep forgetting to leave out a vowel. Will work on that.

Chris

o

"I don't think we have a forum for this type of content."

There is plenty of discussion that would be related to something like this in the Menopause Forum.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/menopause/

Even the Marriage Forum occasionally has discussion on this subject.

Also on the Conversations sides of many of the other forums women bring up this subject all the time too.

I've never taken the pop-up surveys here because the pop-ups annoy me. I have taken the surveys listed on the top of the pages though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Menopause Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here