Return to the Smaller Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question for cosmikcat

Posted by blackcats13 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 22, 09 at 10:35

Hi Cosmikcat,
I read on the other thread that you were planning/hoping to pull up your lilac this summer. I'm just wondering what you are going to do with it. If you are just getting rid of it, and are somewhere on the north side, could you spare a cutting? Lilacs are my favorite. I haven't figured where to put one yet, but I know I must have one.

Thanks for reading,
BlackCats/Kris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question for cosmikcat

Well darn, we just got rid of it a couple of weeks ago! I would have been happy to give you some cuttings. As it was, the guys who cut it down, came on into my back yard and started cutting without letting me know they were there. I'm sitting at the computer, typing away and then I notice a noise. Kinda like a power saw. Exactly like a power saw. By the time I got to the back door, the bush was long gone.

The stump grinding was even more interesting. They couldn't fit their machine through our old gate. They ended up coming through the neighbors yard and even then had some crazy 90 degree turns to avoid misc. vehicles. What should have taken 10 minutes took over an hour. You've got to admire their determination.

There's nothing like tiny, urban lots is there? LOL.

Anyway...I don't think there's anything left of the Lilac. If I see something growing, I'll post here and we can arrange to get it to you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Smaller Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here